Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Gay cake' appeal: Christian bakers Ashers lose appeal

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    nor is there any evidence of , anyone asking ashers to support anything. All that was asked was for them to decorate a cake
    With the slogan "Support gay marriage"

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    With the slogan "Support gay marriage"
    ??? Surely you are joking? So whatever slogan, salutation or celebration that is put on the cakes they decorate means that the baker is supporting or promoting that event. that is your argument?

Reviews

??? Surely you are joking? So whatever slogan, salutation or celebration that is put on the cakes they decorate means that the baker is supporting or promoting that event. that is your argument?
    I'm saying that if the person(s) producing/manufacturing the sign/slogan disagree with the message they should have the right to refuse making it.
    Free will.

Reviews

The cake debate is stale at this stage. Past its sell by date;-)
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

Reviews

I'm saying that if the person(s) producing/manufacturing the sign/slogan disagree with the message they should have the right to refuse making it.
    Free will.
    And in law they have the right to refuse custom, it's just that ashers made such a ham fisted mess of it that they landed themselves in this mess. If they do not want to provide their services in certain circumstances then their staff should be properly trained how to deal with these issues or else get someone higher up to deal with it. But ashers mistakes were firstly to agree to do the cake, and secondly refusing to do the cake for the reasons they gave. That was discrimination.

Reviews

And in law they have the right to refuse custom, it's just that ashers made such a ham fisted mess of it that they landed themselves in this mess. If they do not want to provide their services in certain circumstances then their staff should be properly trained how to deal with these issues or else get someone higher up to deal with it. But ashers mistakes were firstly to agree to do the cake, and secondly refusing to do the cake for the reasons they gave. That was discrimination.
    If they refused to make a cake with the slogan "Outlaw gay marriage" is it still discrimination ?
    Last edited by Wolverine; 26-10-16 at 21:02.

Reviews

If they refused to make a cake with the slogan "Outlaw gay marriage" is it still discrimination ?
    I don't think we are on the same page here,The discrimination was not about what was on the cake but about ashers reason for not decorating the cake, correct me if I am wrong.

Reviews

I don't think we are on the same page here,The discrimination was not about what was on the cake but about ashers reason for not decorating the cake, correct me if I am wrong.
    Their reason for not decorating the cake was because they disagreed with the slogan.
    Please answer my question

Reviews

Their reason for not decorating the cake was because they disagreed with the slogan.
    Please answer my question

It would depend on the reason they give for not doing the cake. Is it really that hard to understand?

Reviews

It would depend on the reason they give for not doing the cake. Is it really that hard to understand?
    No , not for me. Goodnight.
    Last edited by Wolverine; 26-10-16 at 21:35.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast