Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: I Smell a RAT. Fraudulent Reviews

  1. Default I Smell a RAT. Fraudulent Reviews

    Ever since I've started seeing the Rat icon on reviews I've been suspicious of whether it was it was Bona-Fide based on the fact that it was Patricia making assumptions based in IP address..

    I know now that it is not bona fide. I recently had a genuinely awful experience with Marina Mature and I gave her a genuine bad review which was deserved in my opinion. Marina has plenty of reviews and not all of them are bad. It is up to the punter to balance the good with the bad and make his decision as to whether to visit an escort or not based on that. But to be truthful and fair to all punters the bad must be published with the good.

    If Patricia cares to look up the rest of my reviews she will they are all mostly good. I did not see her putting a RAT icon beside me for these.

    With regard to using an IP address as a means of identifying someone ... this is completely flawed. I am a computer engineer myself with 20 years experience and there are many reasons why you might seem to have the same IP address as someone else. Firstly ,very few broadband users have their own static IP address. Pretty much every time your broadband router is powered on (the box you plug into the phone line) you will be assigned an IP address from the pool of IP addresses owned by your ISP. This means you will cycle through IP addresses on a regular basis and share IP address on different occasions with other users. I use BT Online as my ISP. Patricia flags me as a Rat because allegedly I have the same IP address as Ashdown. Well guess what Patricia, the only conclusion you can validly draw from that is that Ashdown also uses BT Online.

    Other reasons you might have the same IP address as someone else might be you use your work computer to access the internet.... I don't suggest you do this, you may well get fired for accessing this site from work. Another is if you use one of the smaller rural broadband providers who aggregate their customers into one outbound connection to the internet. For the two years I was with IFA Telecom I had the same IP address as every other user in the south east of Ireland.

    Patricia has been running a Web site for long enough to know that this is the case so my only assumption is that the RAT symbol is a way for her to protect her "paying" advertisers from bad reviews.

    As for "Marina Mature Beauty" read my "Ratty" review and AVOID, AVOID AVOID.

    For anybody who is in doubt about any of this just use the site search facility for my handle "clitlover" you will see any forum posts and reviews. Make your own judgment then to see whether in the context of the other entries I have made here I am likely to be some RAT who is going to single out one random escort for a bad review without good reason.

    Clitlover
    Last edited by clitlover; 11-03-09 at 15:51.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,066
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clitlover View Post
    Ever since I've started seeing the Rat icon on reviews I've been suspicious of whether it was it was Bona-Fide based on the fact that it was Patricia making assumptions based in IP address..

    I know now that it is not bona fide. I recently had a genuinely awful experience with Marina Mature and I gave her a genuine bad review which was deserved in my opinion. Marina has plenty of reviews and not all of them are bad. It is up to the punter to balance the good with the bad and make his decision as to whether to visit an escort or not based on that. But to be truthful and fair to all punters the bad must be published with the good.

    If Patricia cares to look up the rest of my reviews she will they are all mostly good. I did not see her putting a RAT icon beside me for these.

    With regard to using an IP address as a means of identifying someone ... this is completely flawed. I am a computer engineer myself with 20 years experience and there are many reasons why you might seem to have the same IP address as someone else. Firstly ,very few broadband users have their own static IP address. Pretty much every time your broadband router is powered on (the box you plug into the phone line) you will be assigned an IP address from the pool of IP addresses owned by your ISP. This means you will cycle through IP addresses on a regular basis and share IP address on different occasions with other users. I use BT Online as my ISP. Patricia flags me as a Rat because allegedly I have the same IP address as Ashdown. Well guess what Patricia, the only conclusion you can validly draw from that is that Ashdown also uses BT Online.

    Other reasons you might have the same IP address as someone else might be you use your work computer to access the internet.... I don't suggest you do this, you may well get fired for accessing this site from work. Another is if you use one of the smaller rural broadband providers who aggregate their customers into one outbound connection to the internet. For the two years I was with IFA Telecom I had the same IP address as every other user in the south east of Ireland.

    Patricia has been running a Web site for long enough to know that this is the case so my only assumption is that the RAT symbol is a way for her to protect her "paying" advertisers from bad reviews.

    As for "Marina Mature Beauty" read my "Ratty" review and AVOID, AVOID AVOID.

    For anybody who is in doubt about any of this just use the site search facility for my handle "clitlover" you will see any forum posts and reviews. Make your own judgment then to see whether in the context of the other entries I have made here I am likely to be some RAT who is going to single out one random escort for a bad review without good reason.

    Clitlover
    I am sure many of members on this forum will disagree with you saying that review system is just a way of protecting escorts.Every day we are getting more and more reviews because clients wants to know what they may expect form escort based on experience of other punters.Nice pictures on escort profile are no longer enouth for punter to make decision .We all know that review system is not perfect but it is important to keep it going,for both escorts and punters.
    An idea of checking an IP address ,belive me or not ,is not my favourite but gives brief of info on author of review.Before the review is active E-I staff is required to check reviewers profile on this forum,history,posts,grammar mistakes in posts etc to make sure it is genuine.
    Yes, IP address isn't individual but sharing a computer for E-I purposes looks funny to me,but may happend. When 2 reviewers share same IP and visit same escorts,what would you think?Clitlover, when you read reviews what makes you feel that some of them are fake,some are genuine?

    I have check again your review,and your IP situation looks more complicated then it was mention under your review.In that case,it should be considered that it is not nessesary same person.No conection in Ashdown's reviews is additional notice. In result of that ,should be no mark of RAT.Person who activated it been informed.

    BTW, Mariana does not agree with your review,so you may expect additional comments under your review .



    Your RAT mark has been removed.
    P.S not because you are complaining in General Chat but it should not be there.

  3. Default Duh!

    Jeez Sarah,

    Did you read my post at all. I did not criticize the idea of reviews what I criticized was the idea that as soon as you see an unfavourable review you seem to mark it as "I smell a RAT".

    You also don't seem to understand my point about IP addresses. I never mentioned using the same computer as some one else. My point was that IP addresses can not be considered unique.

    With regard to Marina disputing my review. Unless she has gone on a crash course of Lipotrip and lost the weight then I dont' see what she can dispute. Either way she should post some fresh photos on her profile instead of those 10 year old ones she has up there now. And as for the cat I mentioned in the review.... she cant deny him ... he's in the bloody photos!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,066
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clitlover View Post
    Jeez Sarah,

    Did you read my post at all. I did not criticize the idea of reviews what I criticized was the idea that as soon as you see an unfavourable review you seem to mark it as "I smell a RAT".
    -Dame, that means the latest reviews are all favourable to me, Lucky me

  5. Default Defintely dodgy

    Have to say firstly i've never been with Marina Mature so what i'm saying is in general and i apply it to every escorts profile. If you look at the six previous reviewers to yourself clitlover, five of the six who have given her glowing reviews have not reviewed any other escort. I personally do not trust a glowing review ( or a very bad review ) if it is their first review. It may be genuine i just don't trust some one who has made single review. This is in no way an attack on Marina as i personaly no nothing about her good or bad.

  6. Wink the more you look at it

    Just checked back further through her reviews, This is only my personal view but i'd say at least 20 of them are fake, look a little deeper clit lover

  7. #7

    Default

    As an IT engineer myself (8 yrs experience only) I have to back clit up about the IP issue.
    Some users may use a 3rd party Proxy to access this site for anonymity and this could lead to Same access IP.
    IP recycle on an interval However if you catch a few reviews from same IP address within around few mins then its very unusual and most likely a fake, However if its between hours then there could be a chance the first IP was cycled to another person who happened to make a review of their own, But personally saying, for an IP to be cycled to another person who use the same ISP as you, and for that person to be visiting the same escort as you and decides to make a review..... hmm.. a bit too much coincident. but this is not your case is it? as Ashdown is reviewing someone different ,and what is the Time stamp between yours and Ashdown's IP?
    I think the technical "know-how" is beyond the EI staff.....maybe?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,282
    Reviews
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clitlover View Post
    Ever since I've started seeing the Rat icon on reviews I've been suspicious of whether it was it was Bona-Fide based on the fact that it was Patricia making assumptions based in IP address..

    I know now that it is not bona fide. I recently had a genuinely awful experience with Marina Mature and I gave her a genuine bad review which was deserved in my opinion. Marina has plenty of reviews and not all of them are bad. It is up to the punter to balance the good with the bad and make his decision as to whether to visit an escort or not based on that. But to be truthful and fair to all punters the bad must be published with the good.

    If Patricia cares to look up the rest of my reviews she will they are all mostly good. I did not see her putting a RAT icon beside me for these.

    With regard to using an IP address as a means of identifying someone ... this is completely flawed. I am a computer engineer myself with 20 years experience and there are many reasons why you might seem to have the same IP address as someone else. Firstly ,very few broadband users have their own static IP address. Pretty much every time your broadband router is powered on (the box you plug into the phone line) you will be assigned an IP address from the pool of IP addresses owned by your ISP. This means you will cycle through IP addresses on a regular basis and share IP address on different occasions with other users. I use BT Online as my ISP. Patricia flags me as a Rat because allegedly I have the same IP address as Ashdown. Well guess what Patricia, the only conclusion you can validly draw from that is that Ashdown also uses BT Online.

    Other reasons you might have the same IP address as someone else might be you use your work computer to access the internet.... I don't suggest you do this, you may well get fired for accessing this site from work. Another is if you use one of the smaller rural broadband providers who aggregate their customers into one outbound connection to the internet. For the two years I was with IFA Telecom I had the same IP address as every other user in the south east of Ireland.

    Patricia has been running a Web site for long enough to know that this is the case so my only assumption is that the RAT symbol is a way for her to protect her "paying" advertisers from bad reviews.

    As for "Marina Mature Beauty" read my "Ratty" review and AVOID, AVOID AVOID.

    For anybody who is in doubt about any of this just use the site search facility for my handle "clitlover" you will see any forum posts and reviews. Make your own judgment then to see whether in the context of the other entries I have made here I am likely to be some RAT who is going to single out one random escort for a bad review without good reason.

    Clitlover
    It would be interesting to get you're opinion on just who can access private messages,
    other than the person who sent it and the recipient. Also how many big brothers are looking in at data going to and through from your IT address, but being pooled as you say, how easy is is to home in on an individual.
    Can the administrators view your private messages and who else?

    Looking forward to your reply.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,066
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    It would be interesting to get you're opinion on just who can access private messages,
    other than the person who sent it and the recipient. Also how many big brothers are looking in at data going to and through from your IT address, but being pooled as you say, how easy is is to home in on an individual.
    Can the administrators view your private messages and who else?

    Looking forward to your reply.
    No one has an access to user name account, even moderators or admins.
    Your privacy is secure

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,282
    Reviews
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    No one has an access to user name account, even moderators or admins.
    Your privacy is secure
    Thanks Sarah, I can carry on writing my scruffy messages now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •