Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump disturbs me

Reviews

Post Donald Trump disturbs me

For more than year this man, Donald Trump, has been hogging the headlines due to his seemingly ridiculous desire to become the President of the US. Each and every time I hear and see him in the news I cringe. Earlier this year it became clear, for some unknown reason that he had considerable support among the gullible, stupid and dangerous members of American society. Indeed for a few weeks this summer it seemed almost inevitable that he would become the new US president. Thankfully this horrific prospect now seems more unlikely now.
    Then today I hear that the Parliment of New South Wales in Australian has passed a motion unanimously that declares Trump to be
    a revolting slug, unfit for public office
    I wish to congratulate these wise parliamentarians on passing such a motion that all right thinking people can agree with.
    http://time.com/4529264/donald-trump...ia-nsw-senate/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dob For This Useful Post:

gonzo76 (13-10-16), JAMESCORK (14-10-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    For more than year this man, Donald Trump, has been hogging the headlines due to his seemingly ridiculous desire to become the President of the US. Each and every time I hear and see him in the news I cringe. Earlier this year it became clear, for some unknown reason that he had considerable support among the gullible, stupid and dangerous members of American society. Indeed for a few weeks this summer it seemed almost inevitable that he would become the new US president. Thankfully this horrific prospect now seems more unlikely now.
    Then today I hear that the Parliment of New South Wales in Australian has passed a motion unanimously that declares Trump to be

I wish to congratulate these wise parliamentarians on passing such a motion that all right thinking people can agree with.
    http://time.com/4529264/donald-trump...ia-nsw-senate/

<begin Trump voice>

But he's a beautiful, magnificent slug. Believe me, everyone says so.

</begin Trump voice>

Blog Entries
    Reviews

It's good to know that the NSW Parliament has time for fun and games, it must be a utopia if that's what they're spending their time on while on the clock.

Reviews

Trump is a chump.
    As are most of those who would vote for him.

Reviews

Ah lads the show is not over yet- he may still land a killer blow on Hilary!!

Then we are all in the shit!!

As they say a week is a long time in politics- there are three weeks left and believe it or not he is only 3% or 4% behind her in the polls with a 3% error range!

Watch this space!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ripvanwinkle1 View Post
    Trump is a chump.
    As are most of those who would vote for him.
    i wouldnt agree,but he,s rattling a few cages,at the end of the day he probably wont get in ,but if he did there would be a lot more than a few thousand e,mailsl deleted, [ too much dodgy dealings going on behind the scenes] watch how it goes

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
    Ah lads the show is not over yet- he may still land a killer blow on Hilary!!

Then we are all in the shit!!

As they say a week is a long time in politics- there are three weeks left and believe it or not he is only 3% or 4% behind her in the polls with a 3% error range!

Watch this space!!
    Depends on the poll, many have her with a 10 - 12% lead, and don't forget it's an electoral college.

That said, Brexit was a big lesson. Anything could happen.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

How much power does a president have? i suspect that he/she is controlled by advisers who can manipulate.

Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    How much power does a president have? i suspect that he/she is controlled by advisers who can manipulate.
    advisers and a lot of wealthy corperations

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    If Dick Cheney is anything to go by, it's the VP that has all the power.

The power is in influence, and in leadership. If the house and senate are on the same side as the president then he will have free reign to do whatever he wants.

In many people's minds though, the issue is of the reputation of the office of the president. This is supposed to be the leader of the free world, someone to give moral and ethical leadership to the world, and to move forward the ideals of democracy and integrity. Someone for children to look up to and to aspire to.

Neither candidate in the current election gives us this ideal, but only one will make the US look like the underbelly of Las Vegas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast