Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phone fraud

Reviews

I use to get calls from India, it was Three customer care

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AbidingPond View Post
    I keep getting calls claiming that they have without any access to my computer detected a virus on it and they need to talk me through how to get rid of it. You would have to be a serious moron to fall for that.

The first time they called I told them to go fuck themselves now I just hang up as soon as I hear the Indian accent.

I did some research on this scam and it's apparently related to the TalkTalk hack. Must have been how they got my details. Scumbags.
    Tell them the following, god knows the actual spelling but this is what it should sound like. You'll probably get a mouthful back but it generally stops it, and if nothing else you get a laugh at them.

ben ka-lor-eh tu scamar-hey madher chod

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FatBastard For This Useful Post:

AbidingPond (10-10-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FatBastard View Post
    Tell them the following, god knows the actual spelling but this is what it should sound like. You'll probably get a mouthful back but it generally stops it, and if nothing else you get a laugh at them.
    Hah I'll give it a go, see what they do.

5. Default

Yep got that call. Scam. Phone companies need to do more!
    Years back modem was hatched but I noticed straight away
    Eircom: noting we can do
    Me: why would I want to pay 6.5 per minute.
    Eircom: you may choose to do this
    Fucking useless.

Quote Originally Posted by TomTom43 View Post
    Yep got that call. Scam. Phone companies need to do more!
    Years back modem was hatched but I noticed straight away
    Eircom: noting we can do
    Me: why would I want to pay 6.5 per minute.
    Eircom: you may choose to do this
    Fucking useless.
    Very true. they are useless. when i checked my private phone calls list i noticed 5 or 6 calls in one month to premium numbers . I called Vodafone Costumer Service and complained and ask them what can i do to not be charged for premium numbers as i never called them . they keep telling me to ' not call to premium numbers' even i repeat few times that i didnt !.she said: 'maybe somebodyelse from house,'' so i said dear lady my dog yet didint learn to dial premium number.. First operator was useless so i called again after i spoke with one of my client/friend who told me to call back and ask to block premium numbers, called back and the second lady replied ' but was just one euro premium calls' ... so what ?!! today is one euro tomorow can be more i said pls block premium numbers ..after kept me in hold for a while finally she anounced me that premium numbers are blocked. since then i check every month my list of made calls... this scammers
    Last edited by FetishCherry; 11-10-16 at 09:58.
    Always Smile

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I struggle to have sympathy in the last few cases. Good security sense with your devices and you'll never have a problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12