Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Castlebar raid

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Sorry for your disability...
    ill explain it very slowly to you. in order for it to constitute a brothel there would have to be sex workers present. if they suspected them of being electricians then it wouldn't be a problem now would it. perhaps you should restrict your advice to your area of expertise namely fixing broken tellys, radios kettles etc

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sevenjamesons View Post
    ill explain it very slowly to you. in order for it to constitute a brothel there would have to be sex workers present. if they suspected them of being electricians then it wouldn't be a problem now would it. perhaps you should restrict your advice to your area of expertise namely fixing broken tellys, radios kettles etc
    Let me reciprocate, two ladies suspected of being sex workers were arrested today, implying they were arrested because they were sex workers, now if they said they were working together in a brothel as sex workers as ludicrous as it is that is more accurate but they choose to imply, compounding what most people think i.e. working as a sex worker is illegal and that's why they were arrested and not for breaking the law and working together. Do you understand.. oh wait.. Sorry for your disability..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

sevenjamesons (14-10-16)

Let me reciprocate, two ladies suspected of being sex workers were arrested today, implying they were arrested because they were sex workers, now if they said they were working together in a brothel as sex workers as ludicrous as it is that is more accurate but they choose to imply, compounding what most people think i.e. working as a sex worker is illegal and that's why they were arrested and not for breaking the law and working together. Do you understand.. oh wait.. Sorry for your disability..
    Hilarious. You try to explain and you just reinforce my point further. What did they suspect them of doing if not being sex workers? They are not implying anything they are saying that they were suspected of being sex workers. I could give you a lecture on libel and why its phrased like that but it would go over your head you harvey norman teaboy.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sevenjamesons View Post
    Hilarious. You try to explain and you just reinforce my point further. What did they suspect them of doing if not being sex workers? They are not implying anything they are saying that they were suspected of being sex workers. I could give you a lecture on libel and why its phrased like that but it would go over your head you harvey norman teaboy.
    Sorry for your disability..

Sorry for your disability..
    And Alexander cried for there were no more lands to conquer.
    Sadly nobody capable of landing a blow on me. Even David just bans me on sight. Genuinely thought you might have been more of a challenge. I miss Niner. No retreat no surrender a completely unrepentant scumbag.

Reviews

To anyone not in the know the headline implies that they were arrested for being sex workers. However they were actually arrested for allegedly brothel keeping.

A brothel keeper isn't necessarily a sex worker.

While I have no interest in getting involved in the row going on in this thread, this newspaper headline certainly implies that being a sex worker per say is an arrest-able offence.

For example.... look at this fictitious story with the headline:

A man suspected of being a taxi driver was arrested yesterday in Dublin.

Gardai discovered that the man had an out of date taxi plate on his vehicle and arrested him under.... such and such Act.

That headline is totally misleading. He wasn't arrested for being a taxi driver, he was arrested for breaking a law related to taxis.

The headline in the Brothel story, if it was to be accurate should have read: Two women suspected of Brothel Keeping were arrested ... etc".

It is headlines like the one in the newspaper that lead people to believe that being a sex worker is currently illegal in Ireland .... which it is not. Its just bad, lazy journalism....
    Last edited by Rocker123; 14-10-16 at 15:17.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rocker123 For This Useful Post:

Carolyne (15-10-16), Wolverine (14-10-16)

Reviews

As an add on to my post above, the newspaper article, does begin with the following headline: Women arrested in Castlebar on brothel charges. which is accurate. So I am wrong to say that the headline implies that they were arrested for being sex workers. It doesn't.......

Note to self... Read the article fully before commenting. My Bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12