Thread: Article in the Circular

Blog Entries

Default Article in the Circular

This profile is used by Billie - the Community Support Worker at GOSHH.
    support@goshh.ie 0872192848 061314354 www.goshh.ie

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GOSHH For This Useful Post:

DrAlan (03-05-17), Larrii (13-05-17)

Blog Entries

HI Mushi,

Yes of course. Its good to know we are on the same page with that one.

What did you think of the article? In particular what do you think of what we said?
    Does it put you off using our services or does it make you understand our services more, or maybe it has no impact whatsoever?

What do you think?

Billie

Reviews

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mushi View Post
    Funny that there is a section about stages of womens sexual desires. No equivalent for men....we are such simple creatures, we're either on or off.
    Attachment 121128
    Our sections were written be different people about 12 years ago. The man who wrote the men's section wanted to include a piece about different types of orgasms but the way it was written made it difficult to relate to. If you would like to submit something you think is suitable, we are always willing to improve.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

"The issue of commercial sex seems to have become polarised into two perspectives, each not trying to diminish the importance of the other argument but still advocating heavily for one. Who is anyone to say that one is worth more attention that the other? And is there no middle ground where both of these groups can sit together – in legislation and in ethos?"

It's a good report. Considering how easy it is to get in touch with a lady, the gardi have had every chance of checking for trafficking for many years, but don't seem to have done much unless there was a complaint.

If a lady is being questioned, then obviously one of her best cop-outs is to say she was trafficked.

On the other side, the new act also bans normal couples making love in a car or on the beach. Even married couples!

It's the old Irish story, an unworkable law is passed at great cost to the taxpayer, people get arrested, but beat the rap after paying their legal fees.
    Mmmm-hmm

Thumbs up I Love This Ad ,

.. even if I have no kids and no Mortgage :

Last edited by Stephanie; 13-05-17 at 10:43.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

"I think it is important to note that I see three very different types of people engaged in the sex industry; all of these are financially motivated. The background behind them is important to distinguish.

-- There are those who are educated and independent and treat their work like a business; marketing and branding their product to make the most profit possible.

-- There are those who are struggling in life, either with addiction or homelessness, or both, and their motivation is more on a week to week (sometimes day to day) basis. These people are hoping to gain enough money to pay the rent, or clothe their children, pay for Christmas or pay off debts. It is a very different scenario.

--Finally, I see people who have been forced into the sex industry for the financial gain of others. These people are trapped and have no plans beyond surviving the day, and we would not ascribe the label sex worker to this group’’.
    (Billie, GOSHH)

I think this is very important .

This distinction Must be made , and resources aimed accordingly : without hindering or harming individuals in other brackets ,

without harming other groups of Sex Workers as a whole , without trampling on their rights and needs .

Good Article , GOSHH , thank you for bringing to attention x
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Anitafan (11-07-17), Bellelulu (16-05-17), Bratsimpson1 (13-05-17), DrAlan (13-05-17), SteveB (13-05-17)

Reviews

Useful link for all EI advertisers:

http://goshh.ie/wp-content/uploads/G...aflet-2017.pdf

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DrAlan For This Useful Post:

Larrii (04-07-17)