Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Nightshift

Blog Entries

okay... so thenightshift is a mod with multiple personalities? lol

I am never awake when they are on duty tintyimintipp, so I don't have to be good. I usually just see the aftermath in the early morning when I pop on.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    Steve, Amy and Selene
    So there are 3 persons in the one mod? Sounds vaguely familiar.
    My wife caught me wearing ladies underwear and threatened to leave me.
    So I packed up all her clothes
    And left.

Reviews

Mercenaries, hired in by E-I to clean up the boards while we sleep, Doc love was only a pussycat compared to these guys

Reviews

Well at least there is plenty of them.
    As they say, plenty of cooks make good broth.
    Last edited by SteveB; 01-10-16 at 10:17.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

LuckyLu (01-10-16)

they use one account, for the time being.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    So there are 3 persons in the one mod? Sounds vaguely familiar.
    The father, the son, and the holy ghost.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Anderson View Post
    The father, the son, and the holy ghost.
    "Well Holy God"..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lildick For This Useful Post:

Mister Anderson (01-10-16)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLu View Post
    they use one account, for the time being.
    Why is that? Seems a bit odd to me. I mean why bother with giving different names if there are multiple people using the account? I'm assuming they are all playing by the same rules, so is there a need to distinguish one from the other if they are temporary or not consistent? The night shift can be anonymous.

In all honesty it's a bit weird when you don't know who you are contacting. I mean you don't know when they will be working, so if you had a problem and spoke to one of them, you can't contact the same mod status again and give them more feedback etc, as they might not have any idea of what you are talking about, unless all the mods have direct access to any information spoken about and then of course it is open to interpretation, as many things get misconstrued when read second or third hand, let alone first hand.

Would it not be better to just say that the Night Shift is manned by different people and will respond to reports, but are not there to interact or deal with problems or be a 'voice'? Then if you decide to allocate people to the task you can make changes accordingly.

Just a thought.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Mister Anderson (01-10-16)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lildick View Post
    "Well Holy God"..

Thou shall not take my name in vain.

Hey Kate,

The initial idea for the Night Shift was to deal add hoc with the urgent after hour issues on the boards.
    They apply temporary bans (24hrs) to stop users from arguing, they put threads on hold (close them temporarily) and leave notes for the full time Mods (day time) to deal with the issues arose overnight.
    It is then us who take final decisions on those temporary measures in the morning.

That is why sometimes people feel confused, why we decided to bring a tread back or re-open it. Extend or lift a ban given over night.
    This is because the final decision lies with us in the morning, and the initial reaction from the Nightshift was more of a precaution / prevention temporary measure to stop fighting on that particular thread at that given point in time.

Yes, they are using the same login for the time being. I understand it might be confusing.
    They give you a name at the end of their post as a courtesy and because they like you to know who you are talking to.
    You might not want to know, or not like the idea, but maybe other user do want to know who is keeping them company overnight.

Night moderation is a fairly new thing and we will be revisiting this idea to decide if they will be carrying on with the moderation under the same user, if the formula applied is adequate to the forums' needs and if there is a need for more staffing or more training.

In short:
    Please keep reporting posts from 18.00 to 10.00 for any urgent issues that you encounter BUT contact the day time staff is you have any questions that need to be answered and can wait few hours.
    Everything that does not require an immediate action will be dealt by the day time Mods, between the office hours 10.00 to 18.00.
    Even if you chose to bring up, for example, a review issue with the Nightshift, there are most likely to tell you that someone will look into it in the morning.

I hope this helps.
    L
    Xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Curvaceous Kate View Post
    Why is that? Seems a bit odd to me. I mean why bother with giving different names if there are multiple people using the account? I'm assuming they are all playing by the same rules, so is there a need to distinguish one from the other if they are temporary or not consistent? The night shift can be anonymous.

In all honesty it's a bit weird when you don't know who you are contacting. I mean you don't know when they will be working, so if you had a problem and spoke to one of them, you can't contact the same mod status again and give them more feedback etc, as they might not have any idea of what you are talking about, unless all the mods have direct access to any information spoken about and then of course it is open to interpretation, as many things get misconstrued when read second or third hand, let alone first hand.

Would it not be better to just say that the Night Shift is manned by different people and will respond to reports, but are not there to interact or deal with problems or be a 'voice'? Then if you decide to allocate people to the task you can make changes accordingly.

Just a thought.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LuckyLu For This Useful Post:

Bongo (01-10-16), Mister Anderson (01-10-16), Super ModeratorTheNightShift (01-10-16), willie wacker (01-10-16)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast