Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Here we go again ...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    294
    Reviews
    187

    Default Here we go again ...

    "Women formerly involved in the sex industry have spoken of their experience of abuse, extreme violence and rape to lend their voices to a campaign for legislation criminalising the purchase of sex.
    The Turn Off The Red Light coalition of more than 70 organisations wants to see the Criminal Justice (Sexual Offences) Bill 2015 passed by the Dáil in the current term."
    ... and so on and so on.

    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/socia...tion-1.2791424

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    339
    Reviews
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patt113 View Post
    "Women formerly involved in the sex industry have spoken of their experience of abuse, extreme violence and rape to lend their voices to a campaign for legislation criminalising the purchase of sex.
    The Turn Off The Red Light coalition of more than 70 organisations wants to see the Criminal Justice (Sexual Offences) Bill 2015 passed by the Dáil in the current term."
    ... and so on and so on.

    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/socia...tion-1.2791424
    I won't be going to visit that crew anytime soon.If 90% of escorts looked like those guys we would all turn gay. Fitzy seems hell bent on pushing this disgrace through and the pigz must be licking their lips at the prospect of busting punters in the New year.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dom Dunn For This Useful Post:

    Patt113 (15-09-16), TonyB (17-09-16)

  4. Default

    Scarry. Hope it doesn't pass!

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Baile Atha Cliath
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Wednesday this week coming the Sexual Offences Bill is before the Dail , and also Thursday this week the same before the Dail for consideration. It is officially on the order of business of the Dail this week coming and is in the list of bills that will be attended to this week.

    Wednesday 5 October 2016
    Dáil Éireann

    12.00 p.m. Leaders’ Questions (FF, SF, I4C, RIG)

    12.32 p.m. Questions on Promised Legislation

    12.47 p.m. Taoiseach’s Questions

    1.32 p.m. P.Q.s: Oral - Minister for Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government

    3.02 p.m. Topical Issues

    3.50 p.m. SOS

    4.30 p.m. Private Members Business (Sinn Féin): Motion re. Mental Health

    6.30 p.m. Government Business
    Health (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2016 - Second Stage (resumed if not previously concluded) (Department of Health)
    Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Bill 2015 - (Seanad) Second Stage (Department of Justice and Equality)

    10.00 p.m. Dáil Adjourns


    Thursday 6 October 2016
    Dáil Éireann

    12.00 p.m. Leaders’ Questions (FF, SF, I4C, SD-GP)

    12.30 p.m. Questions on Promised Legislation
    Motion re. Houses of the Oireachtas Estimates (without debate)
    Motion re. Parental Responsibility in the matter of Child Abduction (Back from Committee without debate) (Department of Justice and Equality)
    Motion re. Appointment of member of the new Legal Services Regulatory Authority (Back from Committee without debate) (Department of Justice and Equality)

    12.47 p.m. Weekly divisions

    Government Business (will only be taken if full time for weekly divisions not used) Up to 1.30 p.m.
    Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Bill 2015 - Second Stage (resumed if not previously concluded) (Department of Justice and Equality)

    1.30 p.m. P.Q.s: Oral - Minister for Social Protection

    3.00 p.m. Topical Issues

    3.48 p.m. Private Members Bill:
    Central Bank and Financial Services Authority of Ireland (Amendment) Bill 2014 — Second Stage — Pearse Doherty

    5.48 p.m. Dáil Adjourn
    " Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    333
    Reviews
    15

    Default

    Why can they not see the wood from the trees ! Ffs !

    This country will always bite off its nose to spite its face.

    Who in government will strongly appose this bill ?

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Baile Atha Cliath
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by td1 View Post
    Why can they not see the wood from the trees ! Ffs !

    This country will always bite off its nose to spite its face.

    Who in government will strongly appose this bill ?
    Nobody with the numbers required it has cross party agreement. Which means the main parties will vote in favour. But miracles can happen.
    " Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”

  8. #7
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bedrock
    Posts
    6,314
    Reviews
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theomegaman View Post
    Wednesday this week coming the Sexual Offences Bill is before the Dail , and also Thursday this week the same before the Dail for consideration. It is officially on the order of business of the Dail this week coming and is in the list of bills that will be attended to this week.

    Wednesday 5 October 2016
    Dáil Éireann

    12.00 p.m. Leaders’ Questions (FF, SF, I4C, RIG)

    12.32 p.m. Questions on Promised Legislation

    12.47 p.m. Taoiseach’s Questions

    1.32 p.m. P.Q.s: Oral - Minister for Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government

    3.02 p.m. Topical Issues

    3.50 p.m. SOS

    4.30 p.m. Private Members Business (Sinn Féin): Motion re. Mental Health

    6.30 p.m. Government Business
    Health (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2016 - Second Stage (resumed if not previously concluded) (Department of Health)
    Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Bill 2015 - (Seanad) Second Stage (Department of Justice and Equality)

    10.00 p.m. Dáil Adjourns


    Thursday 6 October 2016
    Dáil Éireann

    12.00 p.m. Leaders’ Questions (FF, SF, I4C, SD-GP)

    12.30 p.m. Questions on Promised Legislation
    Motion re. Houses of the Oireachtas Estimates (without debate)
    Motion re. Parental Responsibility in the matter of Child Abduction (Back from Committee without debate) (Department of Justice and Equality)
    Motion re. Appointment of member of the new Legal Services Regulatory Authority (Back from Committee without debate) (Department of Justice and Equality)

    12.47 p.m. Weekly divisions

    Government Business (will only be taken if full time for weekly divisions not used) Up to 1.30 p.m.
    Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Bill 2015 - Second Stage (resumed if not previously concluded) (Department of Justice and Equality)

    1.30 p.m. P.Q.s: Oral - Minister for Social Protection

    3.00 p.m. Topical Issues

    3.48 p.m. Private Members Bill:
    Central Bank and Financial Services Authority of Ireland (Amendment) Bill 2014 — Second Stage — Pearse Doherty

    5.48 p.m. Dáil Adjourn
    I see the offer oral at 1:32 pm, very precise indeed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •