Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: recommend help in dublin

Default recommend help in dublin

Hi. I am really struggling with depression can anyone recommend a good professional in or around dublin?

Ive tried a few before but they seem fake. More intetested in writing their books and taking the money.
    I get panic attacks and nervous and really really down like theres no hope.
    Im on anti d's. Could be for life. I should be happy as i have a lot. House job great kids. If it wasnt for them id think whats the point.
    My mother killed herself when i was a kid and my father was a bastard . He even broke my arm once and i have a big permanment scar where he bottled me. His mental tortue was the worse though it waa like living hell home and school. Been a long time now and i must find peace.

Thanks for listening

(posted in wrong place before sorry)

Reviews

I wish I knew somebody in Dublin that could help you but I don't.

Maybe call a helpline and they might be able to refer you to someone who actually knows what they're doing.

Other than that all I can do is wish you well and hope you win your battle.

I've had depression before and I can tell you that beating it will probably be the hardest thing you will do in your life. You wont get over it over night and may slip back into when you feel that you are making progress but just take it one day at a time and don't give up. Don't shut anyone out, accept their help if they offer it and don't be embarrassed about your illness. No one will laugh at you for having it.

I know that it sounds easy but it will be anything but.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AbidingPond For This Useful Post:

oldfool (01-09-16), Super ModeratorTheNightShift (11-09-16)

I would suggest that you contact your GP, he knows your exact medical history, he can fast track you to see a counsellor, perhaps seek a counsellor who is a cognitive behavioral therapist, they tend to investigate the activating events behind your behavioral patterns or a person centred therapist, the belief being that if you talk to someone, you will eventually find the answers you are seeking. Therapies such as psycho-dynamic tend to favoured, especially by companies, as these can include short, intense therapy sessions thus more cost effective for companies, but this line of therapy does not suit every individual.

As for your panic attacks & nerves, getting stressed out can be a huge factor. Foods containing magnesium are great at beating stress, you can get milled flaxseeds which include magnesium, from health food shops.

Don't give yourself unachievable targets to aim for, start with trying to cope with 1 day at a time.

I wish you well with your recovery, but once again, you really need to go & speak to your GP.

Sandy x
    Last edited by Sexy Sandy 69; 01-09-16 at 10:33.
    In memory of an awesome woman Laura Lee RIP
    It's so difficult to articulate just how much she meant. Inspirational, brave and irreplaceable - our hero.
    Please do what you can for her daughter. Deeply appreciated.
    https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/glasgaelauralee

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sexy Sandy 69 For This Useful Post:

bollocks (01-09-16), lapd (01-09-16), Wolverine (01-09-16)

Thank you for your post.
    I wish we could help you but I am not sure if this it the forum that can provide you with the professional help you might need.

Pm us please if you are unsure, the Mods will be happy to help with regards to our boards.
    Last edited by LuckyLu; 01-09-16 at 14:29.

Reviews

Billy, if you are serious, asking for help here that is not related to the sex industry is a very bad idea. For every half sensible person on these forums, there are several idiots, trolls and jokers, and the sensible ones mostly won't have the relevant knowledge, including me

If you are registered with a doctor, they would recommend someone to you. If you feel you want to talk to someone urgently, try the Samaritans. +323 1 872 7700, or if up North, +44 28 90664422. They are not clinicians, but they will point you to the help you need.

Good luck.
    Help Keyla fund her battle with cancer - give what you can spare.

https://gofund.me/8e340537

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MidlifeCrisis For This Useful Post:

LuckyLu (03-09-16), Super ModeratorTheNightShift (11-09-16)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

The above from Sandy seems sound advice. Get your GP to arrange an appointment with St Patricks, or similar. These places are all exceptionally well fitted out, and there should be no shame or embarrassment, at all.

Good Luck.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bollocks For This Useful Post:

lapd (01-09-16), Sexy Sandy 69 (01-09-16)

Reviews

Yes start with your GP and talk to your friends about it,no shame in this at all, very common, a lot of therapies available ,and keep taking the tabs if they help.
    " Thankful for those thankful for the things I did "

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lapd For This Useful Post:

Sexy Sandy 69 (01-09-16)

Reviews

posting the message was a brave first start. The advise posted in reply already seems spot on, so i hope you will take the next step.
    The Chinese have a saying that the logest journey starts with a step, so you have started.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oldfool For This Useful Post:

joggon (02-09-16), lapd (01-09-16), Sexy Sandy 69 (01-09-16), Wolverine (01-09-16)

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoomBilly View Post
    Hi. I am really struggling with depression can anyone recommend a good professional in or around dublin?

Ive tried a few before but they seem fake. More intetested in writing their books and taking the money.
    Im on anti d's. Could be for life. I should be happy as i have a lot. House job great kids. If it wasnt for them id think whats the point.
    My mother killed herself when i was a kid and my father was a bastard . He even broke my arm once and i have a big permanment scar where he bottled me. His mental tortue was the worse though it waa like living hell home and school. Been a long time now and i must find peace.

Thanks for listening

Do you do any kind of sport? For me kickboxing really helped with my anxiety.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to James f For This Useful Post:

Super ModeratorTheNightShift (11-09-16)

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoomBilly View Post

Thanks for listening

billy xxxxxx a lot from galway
    Last edited by Sherry; 11-09-16 at 22:24.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast