Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by funlover12 View Post
    pfft lightweight
    Im there 37 times a day

but Im a personal trainor with many weak and needy clients
    Quit being a scrub, I am in the gym 36 hours a day 47 days a week! xD

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by blue rebel View Post
    Any man that goes out and does a hard days work don't need to be going to the gym,

Most guys today are soft as shite because they never did a hard days work in their lives,
    "Hard days work" is such a loose term these days.

I guarantee you a guy who hits the gym properly 6-7 times a week, will be ten times stronger, tougher, and better built than anyone who does "hard days work"

There are a lot of total feckin clampits in the gym though, i'll give you that, feckers who guzzle protein, lift lightweights, and take pics of themselves in the mirror.

But that's not most of them. Most go to the gym for two reasons;

1) to make your entire body stronger (Legs, Back, Chest, Arms, Shoulders, the works)

2) to sculpt your body so it looks the way you want it to look (this is way harder and requires 110% dedication for 12-18 months to achieve your goals, including weight traininng, bulking, shredding, dieting, god its fuckin miserable but worth it in the end)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSmith8091 View Post

I guarantee you a guy who hits the gym properly 6-7 times a week, will be ten times stronger, tougher, and better built than anyone who does "hard days work"
    )
    Ciaran McDonald never went in for gym work. Mayo have never had a tougher or more physically prepared footballer.
    I find gyms boring but I play a lot of sport and I keep myself in good trim. A lot of those gym monkeys look great but have hardly any stamina. Not all, but the majority.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to David Feckem For This Useful Post:

Arthur Guinness (11-08-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by David Feckem View Post
    Ciaran McDonald never went in for gym work. Mayo have never had a tougher or more physically prepared footballer.
    I find gyms boring but I play a lot of sport and I keep myself in good trim. A lot of those gym monkeys look great but have hardly any stamina. Not all, but the majority.
    On the money Ciaran was an Animal
    Builder wasn't he?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Guinness For This Useful Post:

David Feckem (11-08-16)

Reviews

There are a lot of total feckin clampits in the gym though, i'll give you that, feckers who guzzle protein, lift lightweights, and take pics of themselves in the mirror.

But that's not most of them. Most go to the gym for two reasons;

1) to make your entire body stronger (Legs, Back, Chest, Arms, Shoulders, the works)

2) to sculpt your body so it looks the way you want it to look (this is way harder and requires 110% dedication for 12-18 months to achieve your goals, including weight traininng, bulking, shredding, dieting, god its fuckin miserable but worth it in the end)

Well it goes without saying that if you go to the gym 4 times a week and are on a proper programme ,diet you will of course
    bulk up and become stronger, My point is if you are out 5 or 6 days a week Plastering or doing block work you would not
    be in much mood to go to gym at 5am or even after a days work at 7pm as you would be after getting a good workout after
    doing a hard physical days work. I remember 25 years ago my father digging graves with a pick and shovel and if you saw the
    size of his hands and strength around shoulders arms it was better than any weight lifting , he is still going strong at 84 and the
    old saying hard work never killed no one really applies to him.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by blue rebel View Post
    Well it goes without saying that if you go to the gym 4 times a week and are on a proper programme ,diet you will of course
    bulk up and become stronger, My point is if you are out 5 or 6 days a week Plastering or doing block work you would not
    be in much mood to go to gym at 5am or even after a days work at 7pm as you would be after getting a good workout after
    doing a hard physical days work. I remember 25 years ago my father digging graves with a pick and shovel and if you saw the
    size of his hands and strength around shoulders arms it was better than any weight lifting , he is still going strong at 84 and the
    old saying hard work never killed no one really applies to him.
    It would be the same as my own father then, he worked in bars all his life, lifting kegs, and working on farms, his legs and arms are fucking huge and he's nearly eighty, he's still as strong as what he was at twenty.

Its all about muscle maturity is all, the mkre often you do an exercise, no matter what it is, gym or labour, your muscles will grow in order to compensate for your physical strain. Once they stop growing and grow used to what it is you are doing, it will become easier and easier as your muscles mature and become stronger, the tendons become more dense and more numerous (strength) instead of larger and longer (size).

As in all things in life, it's repetition is all.
    Last edited by MisterSmith8091; 11-08-16 at 07:19. Reason: Spelling error

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterSmith8091 For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (11-08-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by David Feckem View Post

I bet he was after doing enough lifting during his days work and the last thing you want to be doing
    is going to a gym lifting weights. It is ok if you work in an office all day as you would look forward to
    getting out and doing something but not if you do physical work. I worked in a lot of building sites over
    the years and I don't think I ever met any guy who went to the gym before coming to work , and not many
    either who went after work .

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Guinness View Post
    On the money Ciaran was an Animal
    Builder wasn't he?
    Groundwork. He's still playing great stuff with Crossmolina

Any other Gym Sharks about? Who like going to the Gym at ungodly hours like 5:30?
    I admire people like you,
    Tried waking up early to go to the gym but my lazy nature won.
    every time.

Reviews

Whilst I don't disagree about the health benefits of exercise, I have found that guys who have built muscle in the gymn are always fuck all use when it comes to lifting a steel beam into place.
    Give me an ordinary guy with a good attitude every time

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Cuddles For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (11-08-16)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast