Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolly Darling's Delicious Potato Soup

Smile Dolly Darling's Delicious Potato Soup

Dolly Darling's Delicious Potato Soup

*Darlings, buy organic if you can. Organic is best for all fruits and veggies.*

In a soup pot, fill it half full of good clean water, and put on a low heat.
    Take 4 red potatoes and peel with a really good peeler (please watch your fingers to not cut them).
    Cut potatoes in little chunks - the size of a cherry or smaller.
    Put those little chunks in the water that's in the soup pot.
    Turn your stove-top burner on low heat. The cooking has now begun

Now for the celery, two beautiful celeries with no mushy parts to it, just nice and crisp
    Wash the celery to clean off any leftover garden dirt, making sure its squeaky clean (yes, do the squeak test)
    Cut that celery stalk all the way up the length of it. Then cut the width of it over and over and over again, up the stalk, till you get lots of little celery bits (size of half a cherry or smaller). Put those little celery chunks in the water that's in the soup pot on a low heat with all those little potato chunks.

Now for the garlic. Forget the onion, it will make you fart!!! Garlic also will help you fight off a cold or flu or other sick problems that make you miserable feeling.... Yes garlic, take 3 cloves of garlic and peel off their robes. Try not to get too excited when they are naked, and their smooth white skin looks so tempting to nibble on.... (sorry got sidetracked, thats what happens to horny cooks).... take those cloves of garlic and cut them in really tiny little pieces (about the size of a blade of grass). Toss those garlic blades into the water that's in the soup pot on a low heat with all those little celery and potato chunks.

Now turn heat up to medium. Keep checking potato with a fork, till the fork goes straight thru the potato and its a bit of a mash consistency. Now... your soup is done (add your spice at this point if you want a chunky soup)... unless you are a fancy cook like me, and you transport your soup to the blender, the blessed blender (I love my blender). I have a PUREE setting, and makes the soup so beautiful that way. You can add spices to puree at this point.

Now for your spices. This is where you let your personality take over your soup. Are you hot and spicey? Are you bland and dull? Are you a bit of both? Do you need some comfort in your life?
    -Milk or butter is good for comforting. I always use goat milk & butter, as its easy to digest and very low fat.
    -Chili Pepper is good if you are feeling cold or if you want extra passion
    -black pepper is healthy and nice tasting, and warms you up, good for the heart
    -Sea Salt is healthy salt. We all love a bit of salt
    -Cilantro is a beautiful herb. I love it to bits!

*If your soup grows a bit cold while blending and adding spices, just transport back into the soup bowl and quickly heat up. Never use a microwave, or else you will mutate the molecules of the foods and pretty much fuck out the goodness of it. Always use a stove top (0r oven for other types of cooking), to get the most health benefits from your food.

Dolly Darling's Delicious Potato Soup is an original recipe by Dolly Darling. Happy to share her own original recipe with her E-I friends.

"Bon Appetite!!!
    Last edited by DollyDarling; 02-03-09 at 10:51.

Blog Entries

I wonder what would happened to this recipe if I throw in some cod/haddock; prawns, scallops, a bay leaf and thyme. And finished it off with several dashes of Armenia brandy?

Default Well Im a vegetarian mostly

And this is a nice base for sure. On the section where I said let your creativity lead your spice choice... definitely let it lead your meat or fish choice too if you want. I think some cod or haddock or scallops would be nice. Probably the meat i can picture in it would be some organic ham. If you tried brandy, definitely leave out the butter and milk. I think it will taste much nicer with a bit of goat butter and two leaves of marijuana.
    Last edited by DollyDarling; 02-03-09 at 10:19.

Default For Mari

Do INDEED add some Marijauna to the soup. Pop in a couple leafs. That should taste really nice, and this would add to the "Comfort" reason of making it

Blog Entries

Thanks Dolly; I think we have the makings of some serious seafood chowder and we're not even in New England.

Default The snow is taking over New York!

Lovely blanket of whiteness outside, and I've a steaming pot of Potato Soup here. I did accompany it with steamed corn on the cob dabbed with Goat butter. And of course I brewed my Green Tea from China Town. Lovely meal to have in a snow storm.

Blog Entries

I'm trying to remember what I did in Chicago when there was a snow storm? Not eat corn on the cobb-My teeth would hurt from the cold weather I'd make a pot of black bean soup and drinks lots of Sumantra coffee-I've yet to find a supplier of Sumantra who sells kink-ass Sumantra as I did in Chicago

Default Aww now Anita,

There's nothing more beautiful then to sit on the window sill, with the snowflakes and frost coating the bay window, looking out over the snow covered rooftops, catching a glimpse of the magically white Central Park, doves flying past blending in with the weather, and then nibbling on a hot goat-buttered corn-on-the-cob. That's the good life, truely the good life

Reviews

Default Nibble on my corn

I heard awhile back that Christina Aquilera likes to cook in the nude on a sunday....herself and the husband ( bet you he has a small willy and creams his kacks early - the bastard) call it naked sunday......

imagine some of the yokes that some lads are married to trying to do a naked sunday, you'd plead with them to put the big pants back on., it would put you off your sunday lunch

Reviews

Just imagine finding a pubic hair on your roast
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast