Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: General UFC thread

I am buzzing at the knees for Rousey vs Nunes.... Nunes has some destructive power in that fists
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

Rousey hopefully will have learned not to just keep coming on to a genuine striker in an attempt to get hold of them and take them down (ala the Holly Holm bout). She'll have to create genuine openings. If she does, and she gets them down, could be a short night.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/r...ufc-207-122816

Would you shag Ronda guys??
    What would happen to you if you become aggressive to her?
    you probably die but happy
    Last edited by Jorge; 30-12-16 at 13:07. Reason: She is fucking hot

After last night...could Rousey return again? I think not.
    She was shown last night within 35 seconds that it´s a different world in the womens bantamweight division, I knew it was going to happen but was utterly shocked and how quick and precise it was.

No head movement whatsoever, been highlighted far too much in her last 2 fights
    Last edited by TomEA; 31-12-16 at 12:23.
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

I think is better for her to Hang up the gloves and be a top model.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    I think is better for her to Hang up the gloves and be a top model.
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomEA For This Useful Post:

Floki (02-01-17), Jorge (02-01-17)

I happy glad Ronda lost.
    As soon as that bell went, you just knew that she wasn't ready for the fight or was she good enough to go to a higher class as she did.

Another 6 months to 1 year, then maybe then will she be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    I happy glad Ronda lost.
    As soon as that bell went, you just knew that she wasn't ready for the fight or was she good enough to go to a higher class as she did.

Another 6 months to 1 year, then maybe then will she be ready.
    Im thinking she will hit the Cine scene again pretty hard. Can´t imagine her coming back any time soon, if she does she will be knocked down the rankings a fair bit. Won´t be an immediate title shot.
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

10. Default

She was done after the Holm fight. It showed that she has no stand up at all.
    If she faces someone who has been boxing or kickboxing from an early age she will get beat again.
    Ronda had 2 moves, Judo throw then a arm bar sudmission for the win, That was it.
    Her previous fights were against weekeend warriors and part time MMA fighters who had no real stand up but the UFC saw a cash cow in ronda and hyped her up in the media to the extent that they had people believing she could beat floyd mayweather in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton2017 View Post
    She was done after the Holm fight. It showed that she has no stand up at all.
    If she faces someone who has been boxing or kickboxing from an early age she will get beat again.
    Ronda had 2 moves, Judo throw then a arm bar sudmission for the win, That was it.
    Her previous fights were against weekeend warriors and part time MMA fighters who had no real stand up but the UFC saw a cash cow in ronda and hyped her up in the media to the extent that they had people believing she could beat floyd mayweather in a fight.

Of course, she was about as original as it gets for womens UFC, she had no genuine contenders because it wasn´t popular enough with women back then.

Have to give credit to Nunes, she even said post fight interview, she thanked Rhonda for her work over the years and even claimed that she would not be fighting at such a level, if it was not for Rousey paving the way with the likes of Gina Carano.
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast