Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: General UFC thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    Pretty sure Hendo won that fight. He does not have a mark on him. Bisping on the other hand looks like he was hit by a bus.
    It says a lot about the middleweight division when a 46 year old fighter ranked 12th can do that to the belt holder(bisping).

I can't believe the result, Bisping sucks ..Hender kicked his ass again
    Last edited by Jorge; 11-10-16 at 10:47.

Bisping is terrible. Got lucky with rockhold and got lucky with hendo that right hand in the 2nd and 3rd round thought it ended it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DubFootballer For This Useful Post:

Jorge (11-10-16)

Don't go pal before you kick Bisping ass again

http://www.ufc.com/media/UFC-204-Pos...nce-Highlights
    Last edited by Jorge; 11-10-16 at 14:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    Pretty sure Hendo won that fight. He does not have a mark on him. Bisping on the other hand looks like he was hit by a bus.
    It says a lot about the middleweight division when a 46 year old fighter ranked 12th can do that to the belt holder(bisping).

Hendo didn´t stand a chance when it went to judges cards unfortunately. Brilliant fight card from start to finish. The perry fight was a proper backyard scrap.

With the hendo fight, yeah I thought early in the second it was going to be a straight repeat of the last, overhand right connects beautifully and the elbow drops but misses. Fair play to Bisping for getting back up after that, i´d give enough props to win the fight just from that.
    If you watch the fight back over again, you´ll see apart from the first, Hendo was slow, not really connecting anything, constantly on the outside of the octagon and always getting tagged by numerous small but effective shots from Bisping.

I wantd to Henderson to win so badly, he got some hell of abuse from the fans but i gotta give it to him, for a 46 year old man he put in a brilliant show. Rarely tagged by anything sufficient enough to wobble him. Bisping DID NOT GET LUCKY, I dont like him but he put in a warriors game last weekend. Both did.

Cheers to hendo for 20something years of top notch fighting!
    Last edited by TomEA; 12-10-16 at 09:35.
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

BIG MONEY FIGHT COMING UP FOR 207. Rousey vs Nunez for the title!

Whilst i´m a bit fussed about Rousey still being the number 2 contender for the title, she hasn´t fought since November last year and she get her ass kicked. I think the match up couldn´t be more perfect,Nunez is a killer, relentlessly striking. Rousey has been known to be vicious with her forward pressure.
    What do you guys think of the match up?

Rousey to get her head knocked clean off in the 3rd round.

Another match up im interested to see, big moves for Ronalda Souza if he wins against Rockhold in November. How do I see that going, difficult to say, Bisping got stupidly lucky against rockhold, one powerful swing at the chin and he went down like a bag of potatoes. before that, his win against weidman didn´t hold up for me either. Souza has recently beat Mousasi (who put up a hell of a performance against Belfort) and belfort himself.

My bets of Souza for a submission early in the 2nd.
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/boxin...models-723995/

Brendan Crossan: Sports stars don't need to cultivate a bad boy image

What do you think lads??

Do we have the makings of a two weight world champ in the coming weeks?
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

Two weight world champ by this time next week?
    First man in history that will own 2 consecutive weight belts in the same
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

Reviews

Here's praying he gets beat

Well 206 was not a bad night at all for the fight scene... 2 knock out of the year nominations, 1 fight of the year nomination and the new boy Meek taking his debut win.

I´ll talk briefly about the two best fights of the night in case anyone missed them.

Cerrone v Browne, these guys have trained together a long time ago and were actually quite close at one point. I am not sure how the story turned into bad blood, but in the end it did. It looked as though the fight was going to go against Cerrone for the first round, he wasn´t connecting, browne was swinging some connected punches in but aside from that, boring first round.

Not many exchanges crossed over which made it all the more shocking when the cowboys leg struck the head of Browne, essentially capping his knees...went down like a log. Fight over.

NOW, the Swanson v Choi fight.... JESUS CHRIST. What a fight, not in terms of technicality, or strength but purely on endurance. From round 1, in each round there was around an average of 5-7 big hits which could have very well knocked most fighters on their ass, even Swanson. Well I have to give respect to both fighters, in terms of technique, not the best fight at all, but it was a real "lump for lump" match. Both Swanson and Choi taking some serious ground and pound at one stage, both fighters even being stumbled at the knees.
    How Choi made it to the end amazed me, I mean Swanson took the brute in the second round but Choi took some heavy flurries towards the end of round 3 and managed to regain control and finish the fight in style.

I will also say, I liked seeing Gastelum at 185, I think he´s a much better fighter in that category but the amount of shows this kid has ruined with his missed weights... I can´t support the guy.
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast