Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions League 2016-2017

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by happy shy lad View Post
    Think Cork City will do it. Great to see league of Ireland clubs doing so well. Its a pity Irish people don't get behind our league and like Dundalk match last night and full house at every game, we have some league and be up there with top European leagues.Hope Cork City win and make group stage.Well done Dundalk, I was there a few years ago with Rovers in Europe and its some enjoyment. We some young talented players in our league. Best of luck Thursday night.
    good luck to them
    go boil your head

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by happy shy lad View Post
    Think Cork City will do it. Great to see league of Ireland clubs doing so well. Its a pity Irish people don't get behind our league and like Dundalk match last night and full house at every game, we have some league and be up there with top European leagues.Hope Cork City win and make group stage.Well done Dundalk, I was there a few years ago with Rovers in Europe and its some enjoyment. We some young talented players in our league. Best of luck Thursday night.
    Well said!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blue rebel For This Useful Post:

happy shy lad (03-08-16)

Reviews

Celtic scrape through 3-2 on aggregate. I was reading today that Dundalk could only get certain teams like Celtic, Nicosia, Salzburg, olympiacos, Plzen, definitely not man city.

For those of you who are too young to remember Celtic played Dundalk in the old European cup back in 1979. Celtic won the first leg 3-2 at parkhead but the second leg was a 0-0 draw. I remember it but had to google the finer details.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cortez For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (04-08-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
    Celtic scrape through 3-2 on aggregate. I was reading today that Dundalk could only get certain teams like Celtic, Nicosia, Salzburg, olympiacos, Plzen, definitely not man city.

For those of you who are too young to remember Celtic played Dundalk in the old European cup back in 1979. Celtic won the first leg 3-2 at parkhead but the second leg was a 0-0 draw. I remember it but had to google the finer details.

Jeez you must be old.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by blue rebel View Post
    Jeez you must be old.
    You'll be getting that bus pass well before me I'd say.

Reviews

City 2-0 down at half time, the European dream looks like it's over for another year.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
    City 2-0 down at half time, the European dream looks like it's over for another year.
    No complaints the early goal killed the tie but it was a great night and superb atmosphere.

Reviews

Legia Warsaw for Dundalk, A difficult tie but financially probably the second best after Celtic. First Leg in the Aviva, should be plenty irish based polish fans go to that as well.

Good Luck to Dundalk, I hope they progress..(and take their eye off the league and give CCFC a chance )

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cortez For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (05-08-16)

Reviews

Good luck to Dundalk tonight, a big task ahead but keeping the tie alive would be a great achievement.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cortez For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Awh fuck, goal for legia in injury time. But what a brave effort from dundalk.
    Fair play to Dundalk they are a credit to the LOI and put up a great performance.
    the 2nd goal in the first game is what killed them but they went down fighting.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to blue rebel For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast