Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday rag

Reviews

Default Sunday rag

I just heard that there 's a story in the sunday rag about pimps being jailed. Haven't seen it myself yet. Can anybody save me a walk to the shops and 2.50?
    My wife caught me wearing ladies underwear and threatened to leave me.
    So I packed up all her clothes
    And left.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    I just heard that there 's a story in the sunday rag about pimps being jailed. Haven't seen it myself yet. Can anybody save me a walk to the shops and 2.50?
    Did you ever hear of google

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

Confused story(as usual) about a man and a woman jailed for brothal keeping

Reviews

I say confused because it ran a story about brothels in Newry. It seemed to claim that the brothels had been uncovered by the police but really it was all just a claim by a local person that they had rescued someone from a brothel in the town. In depth reading of the article, as I recall (I read it in a friend’s house and didn’t want to buy the rag) revealed the local police seemed to be unaware of the incident. The article also mentioned two people jailed for brothel keeping but again, they had little or no connection to the incident in Newry.
    It is not on the papers website.
    Might get paper later. Probably one lying about somewhere. Hate giving money to it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

philipkntz (03-07-16), willie wacker (03-07-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    Did you ever hear of google
    Yeah. I'll donate €10 to charity of your choice if you post a good link to the story within 10 minutes.
    And left.

Reviews

Basic text of it. F**k their copyright. Errors and omissions etc. etc.

TEEN SEX IN NEWRY
    Girl forced to work in brothel after job promise
    (By PAULA MACKIN Investigative Journalist of the Year)

A TEENAGE girl has been rescued from a Newry brothel.
    The young female is from Romania, aged between 16 and 18 years old and was lured by her captors by the promise of a job.
    She was then raped, held against her will and forced to have sex with countless men on a daily basis.
    Living under constant threat from her pimp, she was helpless, praying each day that someone would come and help.
    Last month her prayers were answered when a local man became aware of her plight when his Eastern European wife was told of the teenager's location.
    The girl was working as a sex worker under the control of a Brazilian pimp, based in Dublin, who is senior operator in the Romanian sex trafficking gang.
    Seedy
    The Sunday World can reveal at least three brothels are being run in Newry city alone by the same boss as the rescued girl and girls are forced to work in seedy sex dens throughout Ireland.
    The girl was taken to safety by the couple who, through their contacts, began to make plans to return the young girl to her family, a broken and terrified child.
    She was discovered, alone, in a house in Talbot Street in the border city.
    "This girl was barely even 16 if you looked at her— I just can't believe that this is going on," her rescuer, who cannot be identified for his own safety, told the Sunday World. "When we turned up to the house in Newry we found the girl on her own. She was clearly in a very emotional state, not making much sense. We decided straight away to get her away from whatever type of hell she was being forced into.
    "As we took her out of the house a white Audi car drove right up beside us with an irate driver. I think the man was from Spain.
    "He became very aggressive, waving and shouting at me and my wife. He began shouting, 'it's none of your business'," he recalled.
    The couple ignored the man who was later identified by the girl as her pimp, and whom she knew only as 'Roberto. She also revealed she had encountered many other young sex slaves during her months of hell. "I would describe him as aged in his 50s, balding, small in height and wearing glasses," said her rescuer.
    "We just took the girl and drove off. When we go home we organised a flight back home for her to Romania.
    "It was just so upsetting to see a young girl in such a state — I've found it very hard to get over. I have a young daughter myself, I can't imagine the horrors that poor girl went through," he added.
    Trafficked
    Two other locations were identified by the trafficked girl with one being close to Daisy Hill hospital and another close to a Spar shop in the city.
    The brothels have also been linked to similar operations in Belfast and Carrick-on-Shannon where trafficking bosses find the low rental cost of houses can be turned into prostitution rooms.
    The young girl was given no money for her 'work' and would be regularly moved between brothels, with the pimp moving the females every Monday.
    The Sunday World traced Roberto to a plush address in north Dublin.
    "He's in that house living the high life from the money he is making by forcing all these girls into the sex trade. It's just sickening. He needs to be arrested and charged.
    "We were very fortunate to able to help that girl, but there are many others who are at this moment probably in the same appalling setup, it's inhumane," he added.
    A PSNI spokesperson confirmed a police investigation with a raid conducted in the Talbot Street area of Newry. When asked about the existence of the brothel the spokesperson said that the PSNI could not elaborate at this time.
    "If anyone has information about illegal activity on Talbot Street, we would ask them to contact the PSNI at Ladas Drive, Belfast, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111," said the spokesperson.
    The Gardaí have also received the details of the cross-border pimp.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

AVERAGEJOE (04-07-16), Melindablondey (03-07-16), tom sand (03-07-16)

Reviews

On the same page:_

DUO SMIRK AT SENTENCE

By EAMON DILLON
    TWO LEADING members of an international vice gang smirked and smiled with relief after getting just two years for trafficking women to work in Irish brothels.
    Ilie Ionut (34) and Ancuta Schwarz (30) were extradited to Belfast earlier this year after police launched an investigation into the operation in 2013.
    But a victim of the callous gang is "shocked" and "upset" at the leniency of the two-year jail sentence they each received.
    `Anna' sparked the investi¬gation when she escaped from one of their Belfast brothels after also being forced to work a prostitute in Galway and Dublin.
    Her partner told the Sunday World this week: "It's just not fair.
    We're utterly shocked at the leni¬ency of the sentence."
    Anna had previously told her story of being abducted by the gang and forced to work in brothels while threats were made to her mother at home in Romania.
    At one point she was kept in an apartment in Galway that was used as a brothel, in the same city from where Ionut and Schwarz ran their lucrative operation at one point.
    Crimes
    "We are hoping now the PSNI will pass on their file to the Gardaí who will investigate. Eighty per cent of the crimes were committed in the Republic," added Anna's partner. He admitted they were "pretty disappointed" by the sentences handed down to the Romanian pair.
    "There was absolutely no remorse. In court they came across as very brazen, very cocky," he said. "The business was still being run while they were inside. They got the absolute minimum — they appeared to be delighted," he fumed. There are also plans to request the Attorney General to appeal against the leniency of the sentence.
    The PSNI carried out a massive investigation based on what Anna told them after her escape in 2011.
    As detectives prepared to close in, Io-nut and Schwarz moved to Stockholm, where they continued their operation.
    Swedish officers were able to move quickly using the country's strict anti-trafficking and prostitution laws to build a case and both were jailed for four years.
    They made over €100,000 in 100 days from one trafficked woman according to investigators in Sweden.
    They served just over two years and were extradited earlier this year from Sweden to face trial in Northern Ireland.
    The pair pleaded guilty to the charges of controlling prostitution and people trafficking between February 2011 and April 2013. Schwarz admitted to a charge of illegally sending £4,178 to another woman in Romania via Western Union.
    The pair will serve eight months in prison, with the remainder of the term spent on supervised licence.
    When police swooped in Belfast, one of the 13 women rescued agreed to give evidence against the pair
    During the court proceedings held in Sweden, she told how she thought she was being brought to Ireland for legitimate work, but was in fact forced to work in brothels on both sides of the Irish border before being moved to Sweden.
    In Belfast this week the trial judge said that the victim would have been subjected to "humiliating and degrading behaviour".
    "This is a case of organised crime which involved human trafficking — something which quite clearly is capable of causing potential physical and psychological injuries to victims at a high level," he said. The judge, however, accepted that in this case there was no evidence to suggest the woman was the victim of any serious violence.
    Anna, whose initial statement spurred the police into action, previously told of her horrific ordeal at the hands of the gang.
    "Sometimes my bed was a chair and I would sleep naked, sitting up," she told the Sunday World.
    She was regularly hit in the back of the head and neck, which has caused damage to her eyesight.
    She declined, however, to give evidence in court over fears her mother in Romania could be the target of violence in a revenge attack.
    Last edited by SteveB; 03-07-16 at 17:33.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

AVERAGEJOE (04-07-16), Melindablondey (03-07-16), philipkntz (03-07-16), tom sand (03-07-16), willie wacker (03-07-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Basic text of it. F**k their copyright. Errors and omissions etc. etc.

TEEN SEX IN NEWRY
    Girl forced to work in brothel after job promise
    (By PAULA MACKIN Investigative Journalist of the Year)

A TEENAGE girl has been rescued from a Newry brothel.
    The young female is from Romania, aged between 16 and 18 years old and was lured by her captors by the promise of a job.
    She was then raped, held against her will and forced to have sex with countless men on a daily basis.
    Living under constant threat from her pimp, she was helpless, praying each day that someone would come and help.
    Last month her prayers were answered when a local man became aware of her plight when his Eastern European wife was told of the teenager's location.
    The girl was working as a sex worker under the control of a Brazilian pimp, based in Dublin, who is senior operator in the Romanian sex trafficking gang.
    Seedy
    The Sunday World can reveal at least three brothels are being run in Newry city alone by the same boss as the rescued girl and girls are forced to work in seedy sex dens throughout Ireland.
    The girl was taken to safety by the couple who, through their contacts, began to make plans to return the young girl to her family, a broken and terrified child.
    She was discovered, alone, in a house in Talbot Street in the border city.
    "This girl was barely even 16 if you looked at her— I just can't believe that this is going on," her rescuer, who cannot be identified for his own safety, told the Sunday World. "When we turned up to the house in Newry we found the girl on her own. She was clearly in a very emotional state, not making much sense. We decided straight away to get her away from whatever type of hell she was being forced into.
    "As we took her out of the house a white Audi car drove right up beside us with an irate driver. I think the man was from Spain.
    "He became very aggressive, waving and shouting at me and my wife. He began shouting, 'it's none of your business'," he recalled.
    The couple ignored the man who was later identified by the girl as her pimp, and whom she knew only as 'Roberto. She also revealed she had encountered many other young sex slaves during her months of hell. "I would describe him as aged in his 50s, balding, small in height and wearing glasses," said her rescuer.
    "We just took the girl and drove off. When we go home we organised a flight back home for her to Romania.
    "It was just so upsetting to see a young girl in such a state — I've found it very hard to get over. I have a young daughter myself, I can't imagine the horrors that poor girl went through," he added.
    Trafficked
    Two other locations were identified by the trafficked girl with one being close to Daisy Hill hospital and another close to a Spar shop in the city.
    The brothels have also been linked to similar operations in Belfast and Carrick-on-Shannon where trafficking bosses find the low rental cost of houses can be turned into prostitution rooms.
    The young girl was given no money for her 'work' and would be regularly moved between brothels, with the pimp moving the females every Monday.
    The Sunday World traced Roberto to a plush address in north Dublin.
    "He's in that house living the high life from the money he is making by forcing all these girls into the sex trade. It's just sickening. He needs to be arrested and charged.
    "We were very fortunate to able to help that girl, but there are many others who are at this moment probably in the same appalling setup, it's inhumane," he added.
    A PSNI spokesperson confirmed a police investigation with a raid conducted in the Talbot Street area of Newry. When asked about the existence of the brothel the spokesperson said that the PSNI could not elaborate at this time.
    "If anyone has information about illegal activity on Talbot Street, we would ask them to contact the PSNI at Ladas Drive, Belfast, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111," said the spokesperson.
    The Gardaí have also received the details of the cross-border pimp.
    Just been into the neighbours and read their paper. This story wasn't on the page, just the eamonn dildohead story and a couple of big ads and some airline story, you must have a different version of the paper.
    And left.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    On the same page:_

DUO SMIRK AT SENTENCE

By EAMON DILLON
    TWO LEADING members of an international vice gang smirked and smiled with relief after getting just two years for trafficking women to work in Irish brothels.
    Ilie Ionut (34) and Ancuta Schwarz (30) were extradited to Belfast earlier this year after police launched an investigation into the operation in 2013.
    But a victim of the callous gang is "shocked" and "upset" at the leniency of the two-year jail sentence they each received.
    `Anna' sparked the investi¬gation when she escaped from one of their Belfast brothels after also being forced to work a prostitute in Galway and Dublin.
    Her partner told the Sunday World this week: "It's just not fair.
    We're utterly shocked at the leni¬ency of the sentence."
    Anna had previously told her story of being abducted by the gang and forced to work in brothels while threats were made to her mother at home in Romania.
    At one point she was kept in an apartment in Galway that was used as a brothel, in the same city from where Ionut and Schwarz ran their lucrative operation at one point.
    Crimes
    "We are hoping now the PSNI will pass on their file to the Gardaí who will investigate. Eighty per cent of the crimes were committed in the Republic," added Anna's partner. He admitted they were "pretty disappointed" by the sentences handed down to the Romanian pair.
    "There was absolutely no remorse. In court they came across as very brazen, very cocky," he said. "The business was still being run while they were inside. They got the absolute minimum — they appeared to be delighted," he fumed. There are also plans to request the Attorney General to appeal against the leniency of the sentence.
    The PSNI carried out a massive investigation based on what Anna told them after her escape in 2011.
    As detectives prepared to close in, Io-nut and Schwarz moved to Stockholm, where they continued their operation.
    Swedish officers were able to move quickly using the country's strict anti-trafficking and prostitution laws to build a case and both were jailed for four years.
    They made over €100,000 in 100 days from one trafficked woman according to investigators in Sweden.
    They served just over two years and were extradited earlier this year from Sweden to face trial in Northern Ireland.
    The pair pleaded guilty to the charges of controlling prostitution and people trafficking between February 2011 and April 2013. Schwarz admitted to a charge of illegally sending £4,178 to another woman in Romania via Western Union.
    The pair will serve eight months in prison, with the remainder of the term spent on supervised licence.
    When police swooped in Belfast, one of the 13 women rescued agreed to give evidence against the pair
    During the court proceedings held in Sweden, she told how she thought she was being brought to Ireland for legitimate work, but was in fact forced to work in brothels on both sides of the Irish border before being moved to Sweden.
    In Belfast this week the trial judge said that the victim would have been subjected to "humiliating and degrading behaviour".
    "This is a case of organised crime which involved human trafficking — something which quite clearly is capable of causing potential physical and psychological injuries to victims at a high level," he said. The judge, however, accepted that in this case there was no evidence to suggest the woman was the victim of any serious violence.
    Anna, whose initial statement spurred the police into action, previously told of her horrific ordeal at the hands of the gang.
    "Sometimes my bed was a chair and I would sleep naked, sitting up," she told the Sunday World.
    She was regularly hit in the back of the head and neck, which has caused damage to her eyesight.
    She declined, however, to give evidence in court over fears her mother in Romania could be the target of violence in a revenge attack.
    I read this a couple of days ago in the Sun I think
    Here,s an other link
    http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/nor...rges-1-7452945
    http://www.thejournal.ie/man-woman-j...50802-Jun2016/
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-29807263.html
    Last edited by willie wacker; 03-07-16 at 19:42.

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (03-07-16), SteveB (03-07-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    Just been into the neighbours and read their paper. This story wasn't on the page, just the eamonn dildohead story and a couple of big ads and some airline story, you must have a different version of the paper.
    Yep.
    That is the Northern version of the paper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast