Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A trolling question for LuckyLu...................

Reviews

Default A trolling question for LuckyLu...................

.....................as she is the only one who ever takes a query on board and follows it through to the point where an answer/explanation is actually offered .

With regard trolling,and the repetitive scenario where 95% of it is done by new users who have just registered.

Why are posts from new users not moderated for a probabtion period? (I suspect the answer will be that the threads can not flow freely if some posts get introduced later on)

If that's the case......................................why are new posters not restricted from posting for a period of say 5 days?
    If they are restricted initially ,yet on day 5 they begin trolling, they can be banned and any new username will again have to wait out a 5 day period.

Even if they make up 5 usernames on day 1 so they have some in reserve.......they will still get bored very quickly with constantly having to keep registering and creating multiple email accounts to register same,if they have to keep waiting to use them ,yet get banned as soon as they misuse them.

Am I missing something blatantly obvious

I await the answer that sheds some light on the above (or puts me back in my box)
    Last edited by xagerate; 09-06-16 at 00:34.

Having recently lost the run of myself.....
    ....please indicate your level of satisfaction with this post as you exit.
    (All feedback is anonymous and used to improve your experience here)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

Best Before (13-06-16), ClarkKent (09-06-16), LuckyLu (09-06-16), rebelscouse (09-06-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by shyguyshyguy12 View Post
    So your solution is to hire more people to monitor messages. Everything comes down to cost.
    No, a simple mechanism can be put into the website forcing those restrictions. I think having a limit of say one original thread per week for 30 days is good as well. None of this requires extra mods.

The wrong answer is "why would we need to do that, everything is fine and everyone is happy, there are no trolls here"

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by xagerate View Post
    .....................as she is the only one who ever takes a query on board and follows it through to the point where an answer/explanation is actually offered .

With regard trolling,and the repetitive scenario where 95% of it is done by new users who have just registered.

Why are posts from new users not moderated for a probabtion period? (I suspect the answer will be that the threads can not flow freely if some posts get introduced later on)

If that's the case......................................why are new posters not restricted from posting for a period of say 5 days?
    If they are restricted initially ,yet on day 5 they begin trolling, they can be banned and any new username will again have to wait out a 5 day period.

Even if they make up 5 usernames on day 1 so they have some in reserve.......they will still get bored very quickly with constantly having to keep registering and creating multiple email accounts to register same,if they have to keep waiting to use them ,yet get banned as soon as they misuse them.

I await the answer that sheds some light on the above (or puts me back in my box)
    While it is great to see Lu back & as you say she does follow things up it has been Doc that has banned the vast majority of these trolls recently so I think that he deserves a special mention.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

Best Before (13-06-16), ClarkKent (09-06-16), LuckyLu (09-06-16)

Morning Sleepy Heads,

I think there is sense in what you are saying.
    Let me please enquire what can be done and I will get back to you with more info.
    I like the idea in restricting access, especially outside the main hours.

And yes, Dr Love needs a special mentioning here, he did not think twice and used the ban hammer.
    Xxx

Quote Originally Posted by xagerate View Post

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LuckyLu For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (09-06-16), ClarkKent (09-06-16), redforever (09-06-16)

OK,

I have put the following request for the IT, my colleague who it the Top Master in the forums area told me this this should be achievable, (considering his current workload), within, let's say a week?

The aim: to limit the trolling on the website and the 10 posts rush by the newly registered users only.
    The proposal: To set up a formula on the forums, that if your number of post < 11 (0 to 10) the first 10 posts need to be approved before publishing by a moderator.
    But once somebody has posted 10 times, becomes a Registered User and can posts freely, which means that post 11 and + will appear with no delays.

TA DA!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckyLu For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (13-06-16)

10. Default

its clear a lot of you guys have nothing else to do, too much time on your hands,
    As you know it costs money to moderate and the mods got other issues to deal with. You got to take some responsibility yourselves and stop acting like children.
    I read that thread yesterday but you guys made it into a mountain because you decided to entertain this troublemaker by replying but yous never learn but yet complain after and expect this and that to be done..
    It was shut down quick enough but would there been as much talk about it if yous just had left it alone and kept your noses out.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ballsup View Post
    its clear a lot of you guys have nothing else to do, too much time on your hands,
    As you know it costs money to moderate and the mods got other issues to deal with. You got to take some responsibility yourselves and stop acting like children.
    I read that thread yesterday but you guys made it into a mountain because you decided to entertain this troublemaker by replying but yous never learn but yet complain after and expect this and that to be done..
    It was shut down quick enough but would there been as much talk about it if yous just had left it alone and kept your noses out.
    Except for the fact that this happens all the time and us taking responsibility for ourselves does not stop it.
    Last edited by ClarkKent; 09-06-16 at 08:07.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkKent View Post
    Except for the fact that this happens all the time and us taking responsibility for ourselves does not stop it.
    its not as common now as it used to be, taking responsibility will curtail it greatly as trolls post simply to get reactions and they achieved their goal yesterday

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLu View Post
    OK,

I have put the following request for the IT, my colleague who it the Top Master in the forums area told me this this should be achievable, (considering his current workload), within, let's say a week?

The aim: to limit the trolling on the website and the 10 posts rush by the newly registered users only.
    The proposal: To set up a formula on the forums, that if your number of post < 11 (0 to 10) the first 10 posts need to be approved before publishing by a moderator.
    But once somebody has posted 10 times, becomes a Registered User and can posts freely, which means that post 11 and + will appear with no delays.

TA DA!
    That makes no sense whatsoever. omg

That won't work but at least you are being forced to do something, that's kinda cool
    Last edited by OutKast; 09-06-16 at 08:32.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLu View Post
    OK,

TA DA!
    Lu, Theres only so much the Mods can do, isn't it time to call in outside help

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hadaway For This Useful Post:

LuckyLu (09-06-16)

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast