Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ireland Tour To South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    Just saw the highlights as I was working so can,t comment too much but this.
    SA rugby is on the wan and lots of their best players are leaving early as there is little future there for them, long term.
    They are trying to use the residence rule to secure their long term future,s.
    That said it was a fantastic result by Ireland considering the ref was poor or biased
    Well done Ireland
    Sorry for my ignorance and being lazy and not using google but is Bryan Habanba retired from internationals or is he injured?

Finally Jared Payne at his natural position think he was brilliant, I know who do "we" feel about George Hook but in his article he said probably Ireland won't win with Kearney He must be busy with his new day spa with Amy Huberman

Also must say England was great against Australia, haven't seen the Wales game
    Good bye Ireland!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance and being lazy and not using google but is Bryan Habanba retired from internationals or is he injured?

Finally Jared Payne at his natural position think he was brilliant, I know who do "we" feel about George Hook but in his article he said probably Ireland won't win with Kearney He must be busy with his new day spa with Amy Huberman

Also must say England was great against Australia, haven't seen the Wales game
    Habana is out injured , payne , zebo and o halloran have to be well ahead of kearney for the 15 jersey now

3. The Following User Says Thank You to j81 For This Useful Post:

Stella (13-06-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by blue rebel View Post
    Willie as a rugby man I cannot see how you say that was not a red card? The rules state that you have to
    show a duty of care to your opponent and sander clearly didn't do that. It is tough on him I know but he could
    have avoided contact if he wanted too.
    Henderson was also yellow carded correctly as was the SA guy after Irelands first
    try and from what I could see the only error the ref made was not looking at a third man tackle for their try.
    Still think the red card was harsh, most commentators did as well, yellow card I think
    Seen a lot worse on a field go unpunished, the BOD spear tackle been one
    Henderson,s was a 50/50, some are given and some not but that,s the way it goe,s.
    SA yellow well that is always a ref,s call and if warned and he take,s no heed well then the yellow will come out.

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

5. The Following User Says Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

Best Before (13-06-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    Cruel,the GAA is a farce obviously but at least Football would look at it and not ban the guy.
    No it,s the right way
    Why ? because you cannot question the ref , if you do then you descend down the road of soccer and see how that has become.
    Rugby ref system is not perfect but it is the best in sport imho
    Last edited by willie wacker; 12-06-16 at 12:54.

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

No it,s the right way
    Why ? because you cannot question the ref , if you do then you descend down the road of soccer and see how that has become.
    Sending off's should be reviewed by a committee if they are dodgy,would not change anything else regarding refs but that is a no brainer.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (12-06-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    Sending off's should be reviewed by a committee if they are dodgy,would not change anything else regarding refs but that is a no brainer.
    Maybe but I prefer to let the ref have a look again and let him decide

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Still think the red card was harsh, most commentators did as well, yellow card I think
    Seen a lot worse on a field go unpunished, the BOD spear tackle been one
    Henderson,s was a 50/50, some are given and some not but that,s the way it goe,s.
    SA yellow well that is always a ref,s call and if warned and he take,s no heed well then the yellow will come out.
    It was harsh in my opinion also. I recall Mike Brown during the Game against Ireland stamping on Murray not once, not twice but 3 times when he was stuck at the btm of a ruck. Where was the duty of care there??

Both players had committed to the high ball, the South African came out the worst. I have seen the exact same tackle in many games the decision going the other way, penalising the player on the ground not bringing the player in the Air safely to ground. Had Standler fell to the ground and also got knocked out, would they both have being sent off!!

Yellow card offence, nothing more. I expect he will be free to play at least one of the next 2 test matches.
    Last edited by Best Before; 13-06-16 at 09:21.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Best Before For This Useful Post:

Stella (13-06-16), willie wacker (13-06-16)

No it,s the right way
    But if it would be the likes of Nigel Owens he might go to TMO and TMO says x but since he has the experience, knowledge, he's well able to make a decision, unlike this ref, TMO after every try was ridiculous...

Btw Joe Scmidt to leave soon??

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2016/0...ntact-schmidt/
    Good bye Ireland!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stella For This Useful Post:

Best Before (13-06-16), willie wacker (13-06-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    But if it would be the likes of Nigel Owens he might go to TMO and TMO says x but since he has the experience, knowledge, he's well able to make a decision, unlike this ref, TMO after every try was ridiculous...

Btw Joe Scmidt to leave soon??

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2016/0...ntact-schmidt/
    Scmidt, was always going to head down to his own country, it was always a questing of when. Hopefull we can get another season or 2 from him.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Before For This Useful Post:

Stella (13-06-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by blue rebel View Post
    Willie as a rugby man I cannot see how you say that was not a red card? The rules state that you have to
    show a duty of care to your opponent and sander clearly didn't do that. It is tough on him I know but he could
    have avoided contact if he wanted too.
    Henderson was also yellow carded correctly as was the SA guy after Irelands first
    try and from what I could see the only error the ref made was not looking at a third man tackle for their try.
    I can't see it as red. He was launched into the air before it was clear he was too late to charge it down. Choosing to turn then rather than actively protecting the player was reckless, and for that I think yellow is fair, but there was no intent, and it was unlucky that Lambie got so badly hurt. If Lambie had been able to get an arm up to protect himself and been unhurt I doubt there would even have been a penalty.

The studio experts were split, but I think most went for yellow. The review committee could not decide after 5 hours, and are meeting again today.
    Help Keyla fund her battle with cancer - give what you can spare.

https://gofund.me/8e340537

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast