Thread: save history in google

Reviews

Default save history in google

I remember years ago when viewing your history in your google browsing account there use to be a way of seeing/ or it showed at the top of the page bar charts for what youve searched and I think even viewed online and could click on a bar to be taken to a specific year or month of your viwing history..very detailed
    but at the moment all that I can find (perhaps it has just moved?) is a scrolling page of my recent searches and no picture trend data.
    I cant remember if I was originally viewing that data on a PC/laptop or a tablet
    I know some sites are not just optimised for mobile viewing (you get a more scant basic child size version of it which is ok if you can click a button like on EI and decide if you want the mobile version or desktop version when on your tablet..but a PITA if you cant and want the detail the desktop optimised site provides )
    anyway.. I want to see my history of browsing trends...it can be good way too of seeing how much time and where you spend it online because I think it displays the actual time of every search

Reviews

written code into the backend which stops bots collecting data, also the pop-up to accept is another way, people use to be able to look back at pages on this site for example someone's review page and look see how miraculously negative reviews were disappearing and I'm sure they didn't like that.

To be fair the flip side is ladies profile never disappeared even when they retired so that's not fair either.
    Last edited by anon361; 06-05-16 at 07:22.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

Dalton23 (06-05-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    written code into the backend which stops bots collecting data, also the pop-up to accept is another way, people use to be able to look back at pages on this site for example someone's review page and look see how miraculously negative reviews were disappearing and I'm sure they didn't like that.

To be fair the flip side is ladies profile never disappeared even when they retired so that's not fair either.
    Im not talking about this site at all, and I dont know what you mean by "pop up to accept is another way.."
    another way of what?, I think you acidentally the sentance there

Im talking about the google account history not EI history or how it relates to it, see above for the detailed explanation and the question I require the answer to
    Last edited by funlover12; 06-05-16 at 08:11. Reason: thats your edited version? :D

Reviews

I don't use google chrome and only use google to search. I also have google history switched off. I don't want to switch it back on so I can't check if this still works.

At one you could log into the Google History page at http://www.google.com/history. Logged in, there was a maze of screens to navigate but you could get to various things including your history. I think it is in the " update settings" then "show more controls".
    Last edited by SteveB; 06-05-16 at 08:32.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Dalton23 (06-05-16), james12013 (06-05-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I don't use google chrome and only use google to search. I also have google history switched off. I don't want to switch it back on so I can't check if this still works.

At one you could log into the Google History page at http://www.google.com/history. Logged in, there was a maze of screens to navigate but you could get to various things including your history. I think it is in the "show more controls".
    yeah this is what it is now, not sure if thats the mobile version but it has that basic look to it
    if youre on a desktop/ laptop does it look the same basic way to others?
    you can still see history of a specific day by clicking on the icon next to the magnifying glass near the top middle, but no charts like I detailed in my original post it looks like

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	116508