Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: tethering

  1. Default tethering

    is there many on here that use this, what best phone for this, was using a payg mobile dongle before for my internet and it was much faster but my phone i was using was a htc m8 one which is fast, could watch porn clips before but now buffering on the good bits, maybe doesnt get the same signal as a dongle would or anyone know
    Last edited by johndoe2; 04-05-16 at 10:08.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    On a web.
    Posts
    13,986

    Default

    I know so little, that when I saw the title, I thought it was some sort of fetish request
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

    ClarkKent (04-05-16), funlover12 (04-05-16), lildick (04-05-16), Pinkeye (04-05-16)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    :o)
    Posts
    15,866

    Default

    I tether to my laptop using iphone6 and Samsung galaxy with very quick speed even for YouTube etc

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SophieX View Post
    I tether to my laptop using iphone6 and Samsung galaxy with very quick speed even for YouTube etc
    i suppose its depends on location too but iphone 6 is fast i hear, is samsung the 7
    Last edited by johndoe2; 04-05-16 at 10:26.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    521
    Reviews
    4

    Default

    my nokia 3310 is very slow

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    16,828
    Reviews
    57

    Default

    Sometimes if you turn off 4g and just use 3g you'll get a faster signal, by default all modern phones connect to the best possible signal leaving the likes of 3g faster.

  8. Default

    The speed will depend more on the mobile operators coverage rather than the phone and laptop when tethering. If you have 4G and in some cases dual cell 3G you should be fine for most browsing needs.

    Just be careful if you have a data limit as you will go through it a lot quicker browsing on a laoptop as a lot of websites compress information via mobile browsing. Porn would be a great way to blast through your packages fairly quickly, so I hear ...

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Sometimes if you turn off 4g and just use 3g you'll get a faster signal, by default all modern phones connect to the best possible signal leaving the likes of 3g faster.
    Each operator has its own strategy but in general you will be pushed to 4G if available. The phone with check signal strength and quality continously and push you to 3G if you pass these thresholds.

    A good tip is to try a speed test on 4G and then lock to 3G in the same location and see what the difference is. Sometimes signal can be strong but due to capacity on the cell you made have reduction in throughout. For browsing download speeds and latency would be good metrics to watch.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Looking4MoreFun View Post
    Each operator has its own strategy but in general you will be pushed to 4G if available. The phone with check signal strength and quality continously and push you to 3G if you pass these thresholds.

    A good tip is to try a speed test on 4G and then lock to 3G in the same location and see what the difference is. Sometimes signal can be strong but due to capacity on the cell you made have reduction in throughout. For browsing download speeds and latency would be good metrics to watch.
    one lady has told me to hang phone out the window to get better reception but its lashing rain here

  11. Default

    I'm fairly sure you can get water proof phones these days..Might be an option...

    Or change operater is another..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •