Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Executions - 100 years ago today

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    Cretin - so original
    Ohhhhh calm down son
    Anyway congratulations are in order, You did not mention emma once in this thread

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton23 View Post
    Ohhhhh calm down son
    Anyway congratulations are in order, You did not mention emma once in this thread
    That is very remiss of me, and I do appreciate you bringing it to my attention.

Btw, as a 'new' member, you seem to be very well informed about my posting habits.
    Which previously banned member are you..................actually, it doesn't matter. I don't really care.

But thanks for the heads up on the Emma omission. She would have killed me.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forrest For This Useful Post:

alcatel (04-05-16)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Joseph Mary Plunkett: Born 1887 in Dublin, son of a papal count, Plunkett was initially educated in England, though he returned to Ireland and graduated from U. C. D. in 1909. After his graduation Plunkett spent two years travelling due to ill health, returning to Dublin in 1911. Plunkett shared MacDonagh’s enthusiasm for literature and was an editor of the Irish Review. Along with MacDonagh and Edward Martyn, he helped to establish an Irish national theatre. He joined the Irish Volunteers in 1913, subsequently gaining membership of the I. R. B. in 1914. Plunkett travelled to Germany to meet Roger Casement in 1915. During the planning of the Rising, Plunkett was appointed Director of Military Operations, with overall responsibility for military strategy. Plunkett was one of those who were stationed in the G. P. O. during the Rising. He married Grace Gifford while in Kilmainham Gaol following the surrender and was executed on 4 May 1916.

Edward Daly: Born in Limerick in 1891, Daly’s family had a history of republican activity; his uncle John Daly had taken part in the rebellion of 1867. Edward Daly led the First Battalion during the Rising, which raided the Bridewell and Linenhall Barracks, eventually seizing control of the Four Courts. A close friend of Tom Clarke, their ties were made even stronger by the marriage of Clarke to Daly’s sister. Daly was executed on 4 May 1916.

Michael O’Hanrahan: Born in Wexford in 1877. As a young man, O’Hanrahan showed great promise as a writer, becoming heavily involved in the promotion of the Irish language. He founded the first Carlow branch of the Gaelic League, and published two novels, A Swordsman of the Brigade and When the Norman Came. Like many of the other executed leaders, he joined the Irish Volunteers from their inception, and was second in command to Thomas MacDonagh at Jacob’s biscuit factory during the Rising, although this position was largely usurped by the arrival of John MacBride. His execution took place on 4 May 1916.

William Pearse: Born in 1881 in Dublin. The younger brother of Patrick, William shared his brother’s passion for an independent Ireland. He assisted Patrick in running St. Enda’s. The two brothers were extremely close, and fought alongside each other in the G. P. O. William was executed on 4 May 1916. Pearse railway station on Westland Row in Dublin was re-named in honour of the two brothers in 1966.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Forrest For This Useful Post:

emmasweet (12-08-16), Mister Anderson (09-05-16)

Reviews

The British Army hierarchy put very little value on life - The Battle of the Somme is a perfect example. Mind you the German hierarchy were just as bad.
    The shooting of deserters was typical of the bullyboy tactics of those in charge.

The rebel leaders were found guilty of treason, which was nonsense given that the majority of those executed were Irish,
    apart from James Connolly(Scottish) & Roger Casement(English).

Cretin - so original
    Irish were in the UK at the time however and the rebels had been colluding with Germany in a time of war.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Btw, as a 'new' member, you seem to be very well informed about my posting habits.
    Which previously banned member are you..................actually, it doesn't matter. I don't really care.

Someone. I think, here recently called him a nice guy.
    I wouln't know.
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    The Vietnam War was known as the “media war” because of the media attention.
    So also the Afghanistan and Iraq war.

World War One, the Korea War and the war in Aden were carried out away from the media.
    The horrors of these earlier wars were unknown to the general public at the time.
    The true horrors of war became apparent to the people of Dublin during the executions because it was on their doorstep. There are records that many British politicians saw the dangers of these actions but the “hawks” won over the “doves” because of the war.
    After Vietnam the Americans have kept a tighter rein on media. Is is 'embedded"ie more controlled.
    And they have not shown graphic pictures of wounded US soldiers since Vietnam-which turned many Americans against the Vietnam war.
    Shalom/salaam.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

Mister Anderson (09-05-16)

Never you mind who i am. I seem to remember you having a hissy bitch fit when someone revealed information about you on a online forum so you should know better.
    Meanwhile Forrest waits anxiously for emma to thank his post...................

Quote Originally Posted by alcatel View Post
    After Vietnam the Americans have kept a tighter rein on media. Is is 'embedded"ie more controlled.
    And they have not shown graphic pictures of wounded US soldiers since Vietnam-which turned many Americans against the Vietnam war.
    Nonsense, They use the media to justify war.

Conservative political commentator Mark Taylor presents uncensored archival footage of graphic Iraqi and Middle East atrocities in an effort to justify American intervention.

Reviews

Nonsense, They use the media to justify war.

Conservative political commentator Mark Taylor presents uncensored archival footage of graphic Iraqi and Middle East atrocities in an effort to justify American intervention.
    What I said is that since Vietnam they do not show graphic pictures of their own American wounded and they keep a tighter rein on what they allow their own official media access to.
    That in a way attempted to justify their recent campaigns or at least attempts to keep the American public on side.
    Anyway they have probably retreated from large scale American boots on the ground for another generation or more, just as they did after Vietnam, when much of the American public were turned off war.
    And after Vietnam they have never reintroduced the draft even though they were short of military numbers and regularly used reserve troops in both Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Shalom/salaam.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

Mister Anderson (09-05-16)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Irish were in the UK at the time however and the rebels had been colluding with Germany in a time of war.
    I know that, but it wasn't by choice, and after hundreds of years of oppression why not get some help wherever they could get it.

Someone. I think, here recently called him a nice guy. I wouln't know.
    Ah, but he's not really that much of a MrNiceGuy.

Never you mind who i am. I seem to remember you having a hissy bitch fit when someone revealed information about you on a online forum so you should know better. Meanwhile Forrest waits anxiously for emma to thank his post...................
    I have no interest in who you are, or any of your pathetic trolling, which seems to be becoming rather obsessive, with all your different usernames.

I must give Emma a nudge in a while and get her to login and thank a few posts. She is getting very lazy.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Forrest For This Useful Post:

emmasweet (12-08-16)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast