Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Justice at last

Reviews

Default Justice at last

Jury concludes all 96 victims of the Hillsborough disaster were unlawfully killed
    Great day if not a sad day for all the victims families

Well done to all the families of the 96 who have fought for the last 27 years for justice

Bad luck to chief inspector duckenfield and his police buddies on their attempted cover up

ynwa

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:

Best Before (27-04-16), bettercallsaul (26-04-16), casman (26-04-16), scouserpete (27-04-16), Sexy Sandy 69 (26-04-16), tom sand (26-04-16), Wolverine (26-04-16)

link to the news for those who don't follow football.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ther-96-victi/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckyLu For This Useful Post:

redforever (26-04-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLu View Post
    link to the news for those who don't follow football.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ther-96-victi/
    Thanks Lu . .

Reviews

Will be interesting to see what the headline will be on The S*n tomorrow morning

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:

SophieX (26-04-16), Spanky Panky (26-04-16), SteveB (26-04-16), Vitruvian (26-04-16)

Reviews

Were you there that day? Why does it seem to have such a large impact on you? I don't mean that in a horrible way but I'm curious why it forms such a large part of your personality online at least.
    I hope the ruling brings some comfort to the families of the departed R.I.P.

Reviews

I understand, and you being from Liverpool would naturally be affected but isn't redforever Wexican?
    I know it may be a sensitive subject and I'm not trying to be horrible in any way.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Spanky Panky For This Useful Post:

SophieX (26-04-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky Panky View Post
    Were you there that day? Why does it seem to have such a large impact on you? I don't mean that in a horrible way but I'm curious why it forms such a large part of your personality online at least.
    As a lifelong liverpool supporter it was hard not to be affected by events on that day . .
    The injustice . . The cover ups . . The lies that have been both printed in the papers and told at this inquest have been finally put to pass not only about the 96 fans who were unlawfully killed that day but to every fan who was wrongfully blamed on causing that tragedy

I remember exactly where I was that day watching events unfold live

If anyone who remembers that day be them black or white young or old cannot feel an ounce of emotion or sympathy for the victims families for what they have gone through in the last 27 years well so be it
    hope that goes towards answering your question

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (26-04-16), casman (26-04-16), scouserpete (27-04-16), SophieX (26-04-16), Spanky Panky (26-04-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by redforever View Post
    As a lifelong liverpool supporter it was hard not to be affected by events on that day . .
    The injustice . . The cover ups . . The lies that have been both printed in the papers and told at this inquest have been finally put to pass not only about the 96 fans who were unlawfully killed that day but to every fan who was wrongfully blamed on causing that tragedy

I remember exactly where I was that day watching events unfold live

If anyone who remembers that day be them black or white young or old cannot feel an ounce of emotion or sympathy for the victims families for what they have gone through in the last 27 years well so be it
    hope that goes towards answering your question
    It does a little, thanks.
    Corruption and cover ups in the establishment are an accepted part of life for me though and I don't have an allegiance to any EPL team in particular so I was curious why you feel such a bond with a foreign team. It's probably either something you get or you don't though.
    The reporting by the Sun was reprehensible I agree but as much as one would expect from tabloids.
    Do you have strong feelings about Heysel, or Sakho being popped for PEDs? What kind of ban do you think he deserves?

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky Panky View Post
    I still remember clearly watching it all unfold live on RTE as an 8 year old and it was horrendous then but more so as the years went by and I learned what really happened.
    I think the reason it has some sort of affect on football fans, not only Liverpool fans, is because it could have happened to any group of supporters. If the Nottingham Forest fans had been given the Leppings Lane end that day, they would have suffered the tragedy. If the other Semi Final had been played at Hillsborough instead of Villa Park, it could have been Everton or Norwich fans. This tragedy was looming for years as many older football fans who attended games in the 70s and 80s have stated. Had it been a few years later in the 90s, when it was more accessible for Irish fans to go to games in England, particularly match trips organized by local youth teams, it could have been someone you know. As unlikely as that scenario may have been, it wasn't outside the realms of possibility and that's why all football fans are somewhat, however little, affected by the fact that 96 people went to watch their team and never came home. JFT96.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to grypwr85 For This Useful Post:

Best Before (27-04-16), redforever (26-04-16), SophieX (26-04-16), Spanky Panky (26-04-16)

I don't think it has much to do with supporting English teams, personally for me, it's the fact that it was a huge loss of innocent lives, members of the general public going along to watch a game of footie & 96 not returning home to their significant others. I, cannot fail, to have empathy for those families, I cannot imagine what it must've be like, waiting for loved ones to return, families torn apart, some members surviving, some not. A tragic loss. I, sincerely hope that this judgement can now finally mean closure for those families who have never given up, who have carried on fighting even when at some stages, I presume they would've thought that the odds against them winning, weren't favourable.

Sandy x
    Last edited by Sexy Sandy 69; 26-04-16 at 14:48.
    In memory of an awesome woman Laura Lee RIP
    It's so difficult to articulate just how much she meant. Inspirational, brave and irreplaceable - our hero.
    Please do what you can for her daughter. Deeply appreciated.
    https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/glasgaelauralee

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sexy Sandy 69 For This Useful Post:

Best Before (27-04-16), casman (26-04-16), redforever (26-04-16), SophieX (26-04-16), Spanky Panky (26-04-16)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast