Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Auld Bangers

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,134

    Default Auld Bangers

    A friend has just purchased a brand spanking new car, got 5000euro off on the scrappage scheme which is ending soon, traded in an auld 98 fiesta, cant be bad, theyre trying to get all the auld bangers off the road.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    On a web.
    Posts
    13,967

    Default

    I prefer the term mature escorts.

    I had my first solo rides in an aging Mark 2.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

    hadaway (16-04-16)

  4. #3

    Default

    Was it a skoda

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalton23 For This Useful Post:

    hadaway (16-04-16)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The Wilderness
    Posts
    1,893
    Reviews
    6

    Default

    No disrespect to your thread hadaway but what's the point in getting an NCT if older cars are a problem.
    I'd love a vintage automobile myself.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

    hadaway (16-04-16), tom sand (16-04-16)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    far far away
    Posts
    7,603
    Reviews
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    No disrespect to your thread hadaway but what's the point in getting an NCT if older cars are a problem.
    I'd love a vintage automobile myself.
    man the amount of new cars on the road is mad
    i mean 2016 plate's
    they say the boom is back
    it might be

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom sand For This Useful Post:

    hadaway (16-04-16), Wolverine (16-04-16)

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The Wilderness
    Posts
    1,893
    Reviews
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tom sand View Post
    man the amount of new cars on the road is mad
    i mean 2016 plate's
    they say the boom is back
    it might be
    I'd say wealthy mammys and daddys paid for those cars
    Either that or hire purchase
    The recession didn't affect some well connected folk at all.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

    blue rebel (17-04-16), hadaway (16-04-16), tom sand (16-04-16)

  12. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    far far away
    Posts
    7,603
    Reviews
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    I'd say wealthy mammys and daddys paid for those cars
    Either that or hire purchase
    The recession didn't affect some well connected folk at all.
    yea
    car company's have evolved to have there own banks man
    the interest rates are very low
    over so many years

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom sand For This Useful Post:

    hadaway (16-04-16), Wolverine (16-04-16)

  14. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,628
    Reviews
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hadaway View Post
    A friend has just purchased a brand spanking new car, got 5000euro off on the scrappage scheme which is ending soon, traded in an auld 98 fiesta, cant be bad, theyre trying to get all the auld bangers off the road.
    No they're not.
    You'll see this car in Merlin car auctions next week.

    They shove up the price of the car by 4000 to then"give"it r off.

    A sales pitch to idiots

    Sorry. No offence
    Last edited by TonyB; 16-04-16 at 20:41.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

    hadaway (16-04-16)

  16. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    267
    Reviews
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hadaway View Post
    A friend has just purchased a brand spanking new car, got 5000euro off on the scrappage scheme which is ending soon, traded in an auld 98 fiesta, cant be bad, theyre trying to get all the auld bangers off the road.
    There is no government scrappage scheme at the moment, all the offers are minimum trade in amounts using scrappage to attract those with cars worth little to nothing. All "they" are trying to do is sell cars, which is their business after all.

  17. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,628
    Reviews
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tom sand View Post
    man the amount of new cars on the road is mad
    i mean 2016 plate's
    they say the boom is back
    it might be
    Finance deals are back.
    The new bubble.
    Buy a car today and financially you'll be in a wise posturing in 3 years.
    But people don't want to hear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •