Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: France bans prostitution

1. Question France bans prostitution

france just banned prostitution :

http://www.france24.com/en/20160406-...orkers-divided

What do you think ? Personally I'm not in favour of street prostitution

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to irishlad009 For This Useful Post:

Rafaella25 (19-04-16), libby (26-04-16), Melindablondey (23-04-16), Rachel Divine (07-04-16), Sexy Sandy 69 (07-04-16), TiffanyTees (08-05-16)

Reviews

Yes France has formally joined the list of sex worker hating countries! it was never a great punting destination any way!
    Ride them on the beaches!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Libertarian For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (23-04-16), Rachel Divine (07-04-16), TiffanyTees (08-05-16)

Reviews

France was always likely to pass the law - twice the lower house voted in favour , twice the Senate rejected but ultimately the power lay with the lower house.

What's most interesting was the turnout by the French politicians who voted :

Out of 577 MPs , 64 voted for (11%) , 12 voted against (2%) and 501 MPs never turned up to vote (87%) .....so much for being concerned about 'human trafficking'.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to milkman For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (11-04-16), Melindablondey (23-04-16), philipkntz (12-04-16), Sexy Sandy 69 (07-04-16)

Reviews

They probably believe correctly in my opinion that France has more serious things to discuss in parliament these days. However, not sure the outcome would be any different if they were all forced to turn up and vote. I wonder how much resources the French police will dedicate to the pursuit of the new criminals as you would think that they have far more serious things to occupy their minds these days.

Reviews

Actually the french police opposed the introduction as they felt it would deter clients reporting any suspicions. The lower parliament would have definitely voted the same with a higher turnout ,as they had in the past - the fact that so few MPs turned up shows how indifferent they were to the issue.

Presumably at some stage , the law will be tested in the courts.

Reviews

Don't know much about the French Courts but as you are probably aware similar legislation is to be tested soon in NI and no doubt in due course down here.

10. Default

Germany one way and France is the other. I guess no one really knows what is best for everyone yet.

Reviews

Seems French police arent too impressed by the new prostitution laws......http://www.policeprofessional.com/news.aspx?id=25852

Reviews

The fines are fairly steep so I would imagine a lot of lads will end up doing bird if they can't pay the court. You may be forced to pay for these 1984 style re-education classes as well. Ivan Yates was warning followers of the boy's in Green to be careful next June on his morning show today. It seems that the cops intend making a few bob out of foreign lads who don't know the lie of the land.You have to ask yourself just how much of a Republic that place is these days?
    On a related note I read an article In a Trinity College Dublin publication the other day which was highly critical of Ruhama and shone a light on some of it's nefarious activities. Sorry but no link.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dom Dunn For This Useful Post:

milkman (11-04-16)

Blog Entries

Let's put this into perspective. France have not 'banned' prostitution, they have banned the 'purchase of sex'. It's not quite the same. It is annoying, but this will all implode eventually.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

milkman (11-04-16)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast