Thread: Copyright Law

Blog Entries

Default Copyright Law

Hello All,
    I'm trying to find some information on copyright laws regarding photographs in Ireland can anyone help?
    Looking to get some new photos done but when I mention that I want to own the copyright they start asking questions - what are they for, how will you be using them ect...
    Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction or give me some info..
    Lucy
    x

My Milkshake Brings All The Boys To The Yard

Reviews

In Ireland and the UK the photographer owns the copyright of the images that he/she has created. If you request that the copyright be yours then it will raise questions from the photographs and concerns as to how their images may be used in the future .
    If you wish to contact me by pm I can explain in more detail.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nitram For This Useful Post:

lactatinglucy (02-04-16), tom sand (02-04-16)

Reviews

Copyright is automatically granted to the photographer as soon as the photograph has been created.

Copyright law gives photographers rights with regard to the photographs they create, to protect these photographs against unauthorised reproduction by others, and to entitle the photographer to the economic benefits of licensing their work for use. Without such rights enshrined in law it would be difficult if not impossible to make a living as a photographer.

Photographers are never too willing to waive their copyright ownership over their work.
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————