Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obesity

you see, it is this funny thing with food,
    all those who conform eat will know where I am coming from.

you stop smoking, you never have to have a cigarette in your life,
    the same applies to the alcohol, because it takes only one shot and after X many years without drinking and you lost.

but food? you still have to eat.
    I think it takes a lot of will power and determination to give up on food addition.

Exercise always helps, 1. takes your mind off food 2. the time you spend on exercise you are not spending it on eating.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LuckyLu For This Useful Post:

annabel taylor (02-04-16)

I could not sleep the other night and watched a youtube documentary, about one of the fast food chains (LOL - see me here - how discreet - )
    and about they disgusting practices. for example targeting kids..
    was really sad to watch.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckyLu For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by alcatel View Post
    No shit!
    Thought you were a teenager.
    I used to be teenager- virgin territory though!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clueless For This Useful Post:

alcatel (02-04-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLu View Post
    I could not sleep the other night and watched a youtube documentary, about one of the fast food chains (LOL - see me here - how discreet - )
    and about they disgusting practices. for example targeting kids..
    was really sad to watch.
    I think parents must now cop on and finally engage in protecting their kids from this new epidemic !
    But is it education or laziness that has brought us to this?

Can't only blame the food companies - we are all responsible for our own well being ...
    Last edited by Clueless; 02-04-16 at 11:05.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clueless For This Useful Post:

alcatel (02-04-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkydub5 View Post
    That is true, I agree with everything you'd said.

My issue is the public being mislead in a way. For instance my local centra have a "healthy food section" yes some products are quite healthy on the other hand I've seen rice cakes with more suger and saturated fat than a mars bar! That's not the only products that had higher sugar content than your average chocolate bar.
    Having said that, the daily allowance is stated on the front of the packet but the fact its sold and labelled as a healthy option is wrong , packaging sells the product.
    I'm not a fan of processed chicken either, birds eye chicken for example states on the front of wrapping, made from 100% chicken breast, look at the back its usually around 60% at the most.
    I could go on and on with examples yet at the end of the day it is up to people to to become more educated about the food they eat, but due to economimical factors many people opt for the cheaper products which is laced in sugar which is the main cause in the obesity epidemic.
    Healthy food is as cheap or cheaper than buying takeways, convenience food, prepackaged processed food and whatever supermarkets put at the checkouts and end of aisles to tempt us.
    It's all about habits and many people have gotten out of the habit of cooking for themselves and instead have the habit of going for the heavily processed stuff laced with sugar and fat which tempts the tastebuds of many people.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

Reviews

There are now more adults in the world classified as obese than as underweight, a major study published in The Lancet, has suggested.

The research also found:
    • More obese men and women now live in China and the USA than in any other country

• Women in the UK have the third highest BMI in Europe and the 10th highest for men

• Almost a fifth of the world's obese adults - 118 million - live in only six high-income English-speaking countries - Australia, Canada, Republic of Ireland, New Zealand, UK, and the US

• By 2025, the UK is projected to have the highest levels of obese women in Europe (38%), followed by Republic of Ireland (37%) and Malta (34%)

• Being underweight remains a significant health problem in countries such as India and Bangladesh

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    There are now more adults in the world classified as obese than as underweight, a major study published in The Lancet, has suggested.

The research also found:
    • More obese men and women now live in China and the USA than in any other country

• Women in the UK have the third highest BMI in Europe and the 10th highest for men

• Almost a fifth of the world's obese adults - 118 million - live in only six high-income English-speaking countries - Australia, Canada, Republic of Ireland, New Zealand, UK, and the US

• By 2025, the UK is projected to have the highest levels of obese women in Europe (38%), followed by Republic of Ireland (37%) and Malta (34%)

• Being underweight remains a significant health problem in countries such as India and Bangladesh

Summarized as ........horses for courses

Reviews

Re:the embonpoint English speakers, Oliver Twist no longer needs to ask for more, but rather less.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast