Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TOR - Why can't I view this site?

Reviews

Default TOR - Why can't I view this site?

We were told a while ago that EI were creating a Tor login for this site (even though a separate one isn't needed), now when I use Tor to view the site I only get 403 errors. Why do EI want to punish people who are trying to protect their privacy? Why are you blocking all requests from it?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zoidberg For This Useful Post:

ana massage (30-03-16), Mister Anderson (29-03-16), Quattroporte (29-03-16)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
    We were told a while ago that EI were creating a Tor login for this site (even though a separate one isn't needed), now when I use Tor to view the site I only get 403 errors. Why do EI want to punish people who are trying to protect their privacy? Why are you blocking all requests from it?
    I've been wondering the same thing for months now. It seems overtly hypocritical - this feigned interest in
    'forum wellbeing' - when framed against such willful negligence regarding security of the people they claim to protect.

Why are E-I holding out on TOR access? Why are they so interested in knowing my IP address?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quattroporte (29-03-16)

Their hosting provider appears to use DDOS protection so it might be the configuration of this anti DDOS thing thats causing the problem?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Maron For This Useful Post:

SteveB (30-03-16)

It's a valid question

so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a reply or a solution if I were you.

8. Default

You could use a VPN, such as OpenVPN.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LastMan For This Useful Post:

ana massage (30-03-16)

Thank you for your comments,

As a general rule, we do not discuss security protocol at all.
    However it is our understanding that our provider might have some DDOS protection in place.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckyLu For This Useful Post:

tom rambo (30-03-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLu View Post
    Thank you for your comments,

As a general rule, we do not discuss security protocol at all.
    However it is our understanding that our provider might have some DDOS protection in place.
    TOR and DDOS are two separate things, I set my home IP as a TOR exit node and used that and I was still blocked.

You are blocking TOR which compromises peoples security, especially when the new law os passed, how will people be able to leave reviews etc without letting snooping security services etc know who you are?

Reviews

TOR and DDOS are two separate things, I set my home IP as a TOR exit node and used that and I was still blocked.

You are blocking TOR which compromises peoples security, especially when the new law os passed, how will people be able to leave reviews etc without letting snooping security services etc know who you are?
    "snooping security services" are not really going to be interested in anyone's sex life and those committing "bedroom crimes"

Using TOR exit nodes is unfortunately a common source of DDOS attacks in todays climate, without discussing security protocol, its our understanding that our DDOS protection company may be blocking some of these.

Ive previously advised that we will be releasing our .onion name very soon (current estimate in the next 2-3 weeks).

I didn't understand a word of this thread, but i'm getting the hang of it now with the vegetables. Might ask for some gravy with them onions.
    Some people have to have the last word,
    but they don't actually want you to stop talking,
    as they like the sound of their own voices too much.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amylove69 For This Useful Post:

alcatel (02-04-16), bettercallsaul (02-04-16), DevTeam (30-03-16), redforever (30-03-16), tom rambo (30-03-16)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast