Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - Maria Sharapova Fails Drug Test

Cop Breaking News - Maria Sharapova Fails Drug Test

I know this should probably be posted in the sports bar area, but I think that both sports fans & fans of seriously hot female athletes will be shocked by this piece of breaking news. .....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vPraj90kcIg

The Russian, 28, tested positive for meldonium, a substance she has been taking since 2006 for health issues.

The World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) analysed the sample and returned a positive for meldonium, leading to the Russian being charged on 2 March.

"It is very important for you to understand that for 10 years this medicine was not on Wada's banned list and I had been legally taking that medicine for the past 10 years," said Sharapova.

I really want to believe her, but Lance Armstrong has tarnished every sports person, is she guilty or not?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wicklow Biker Boy For This Useful Post:

Calvados (07-03-16), robbie9 (07-03-16), tom sand (07-03-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Wicklow Biker Boy View Post
    I know this should probably be posted in the sports bar area, but I think that both sports fans & fans of seriously hot female athletes will be shocked by this piece of breaking news. .....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vPraj90kcIg

The Russian, 28, tested positive for meldonium, a substance she has been taking since 2006 for health issues.

The World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) analysed the sample and returned a positive for meldonium, leading to the Russian being charged on 2 March.

"It is very important for you to understand that for 10 years this medicine was not on Wada's banned list and I had been legally taking that medicine for the past 10 years," said Sharapova.

I really want to believe her, but Lance Armstrong has tarnished every sports person, is she guilty or not?
    Wen she tak it legal. Dey change rules and now it ilegal she not know til now.
    Cofee is ilegal four sum sport it al gone cwazy.
    Sory four my Engels no gud.
    I an Pablo abels
    I have 29 yars
    I from Sao tome my linguage is Ngola (dialickt)
    My willage enjale.
    I lik two meat nice gurls.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PabloAbels For This Useful Post:

Wicklow Biker Boy (07-03-16)

Reviews

great shame.

she's been taking that drug since 2006, probably her doctors fault for not checking up. i reckon she will only get a 9 month ban so could be back in action in 2017 australian open.

Quote Originally Posted by PabloAbels View Post
    Wen she tak it legal. Dey change rules and now it ilegal she not know til now.
    Cofee is ilegal four sum sport it al gone cwazy.
    Fair point, but why was she taking something for "health reasons" for 9yrs if she's been at the top of her game? She would appear healthy to me!
    Was it a case that her doctor / chemist were staying one step ahead of WADA?
    Recent revaluations coming out of Russia suggest so, but who knows.
    What a mess

This substance has only recently being on the banned list even though its performance enhancing, maybe because it's difficult to develop a reliable test for it.

Doping in sport is widespread! As this is an anomonous forum, it's safe for me to talk.

I could list many Irish examples, but the latest was Jamie Heaslip and his high "naturally occurring" testosterone, so if it isn't synthetic it's okay??, but yet I can get bio identical testosterone from a German laboratory and bring my levels up but not too high and it okay!

There are new performance enhancing peptides every month...it takes years to develop a reliable test for each one.

Sorry to say, but drugs will always be present in sport... Sad!
    Last edited by Calvados; 07-03-16 at 22:33.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Calvados For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (07-03-16)

Reviews

She was good for the sport
    Find looking lady
    I hope it not the end of her
    Be very sad

10. The Following User Says Thank You to f1 away For This Useful Post:

robbie9 (07-03-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Calvados View Post
    This substance has only recently being on the banned list even though its performance enhancing, maybe because it's difficult to develop a reliable test for it.

Doping in sport is widespread! As this is an anomonous forum, it's safe for me to talk.

I could list many Irish examples, but the latest was Jamie Heaslip and his high "naturally occurring" testosterone, so if it isn't synthetic it's okay??, but yet I can get bio identical testosterone from a German laboratory and bring my levels up but not too high and it okay!

There are new performance enhancing peptides every month...it takes years to develop a reliable test for each one.

Sorry to say, but drugs will always be present in sport... Sad!
    Most drugs on the banned list are masking drugs and are of no benefit except to fool the testers to find the steroids.
    Drugs are widespread in sport and will always be.
    The only way to stop it is to bring in blood and hair test as they cannot be fool using these in tests.
    And as calvados said it,s an anonymous forum here,s a true story

Out for dinner one night with a Athletic coach when the drugs issue came up and he told me about a conversation he had with Jerry Kieran.
    After the 84 marathon olympic,s race all the runners had a talk about what they were on after the race
    Jerry told them he was doing nothing at which the other athlete,s did not believe him
    Jerry came 9th in that race, he was told that you do not come in the top 12 without doing something
    And we all know who came second there.
    Last edited by willie wacker; 07-03-16 at 22:49.

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

Calvados (07-03-16), Wicklow Biker Boy (07-03-16)

im a big fan of the cycling. never miss the TdF or the paris roubaix. youd very naive to say that these athletes even after the lance armstrong era are not doping.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Mister Anderson (07-03-16), Wicklow Biker Boy (07-03-16)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    im a big fan of the cycling. never miss the TdF or the paris roubaix. youd very naive to say that these athletes even after the lance armstrong era are not doping.

Always were and probably always will be. I say let them take as much drugs as they want, the more the merrier. It makes them more interesting to watch.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

Meursault (07-03-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    It's not simple, you got to know what they can test for, and know the rules.

Just as an example, lets say the threshold level of testosterone is 300 ng/dl, then if I am 220 ng/dl, then I can "supplement"'up to 300 ng/dl and its okay!

Then there are the novel peptides, that will take years for a reliable specific detection test to be developed that will stand up in court as being solely specific for that substance.

I have lost faith in all sports where there is large financial gain,..including UFC.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Calvados For This Useful Post:

Meursault (07-03-16)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast