Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

Reviews

Default What do you think?

Would you feel guilty for having someone sacked?

If you felt someone was totally incompetent (very nice family guy, but totally incompetent), and possibly a risk to loads of other jobs, including yours!

Someone who has been given loads of chances to prove themselves but kept coming up short!

Would you have them sacked??

(And yes, I've been feeling guilty!!)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Did u fall out with the boss again?
    Actually, the boss is very competent!

An asshole, granted.....but very competent!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    No fuck em.

If they are no use and it is your job to make the place run smoothly, no problem.

If they are a workmate and your a rat, yes hold you head in shame, wanker.
    I've never ratted anyone in my life!

But, everyone should be accountable for their mistakes......right?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jamieboyo View Post

If you felt someone was totally incompetent (very nice family guy, but totally incompetent), and possibly a risk to loads of other jobs, including yours!

Someone who has been given loads of chances to prove themselves but kept coming up short!

That is a tough question to answer as I had something similar a few years back with a work mate who used to turn up drunk for a night shift we both worked on.
    He was also a good friend and I tried to tell him that if the boss found him like this he would be sacked and he would thank me for my advice and promise to sort himself out.
    Alas he would eventually turn up drunk again as the man had a drink problem ,so in the end I had a word with our boss who was sympathetic with this guys ploy and had a word with him which resulted in him going to a treatment center for 28 days , and delighted to say he is back working now and never had a problem with him since as he don't drink anymore.
    This may be different to your situation but there is only one way to solve it and that is to tell him the truth like you just wrote here and let him in no doubt that he is facing the sack.
    It is only he who can change himself but you can let him know as a friend that he needs to change.

Reviews

It could have gone the other way.

Better to just do your part of the work if you don't want to cover for them.

They will be found out eventually.

I have first hand experience of this.
    I have to agree.

There is a phrase "don't shoot the messenger"
    It was coined because people do

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

Reviews

I would love to hang half the incompetent fucking tools I work with.

But I'm not doing my bosses job for him!

If the person was a bully that's a different matter.
    It's very simple!

I've been asked to apprise someone!
    Very nice guy, but not up to the job in my opinion!
    I know managements opinion is very low already, but I think a lot of weight will be placed on my appraisal unfortunately!
    I know if I am honest, his job is gone!
    However, do I risk everyone else's job by having someone who in my opinion really doesn't give a shit (just here for the money), working for us??
    (And yes, I think it's critical people who work here actually care about what we do.....the law demands it!)
    Last edited by jamieboyo; 02-03-16 at 23:56.

Reviews

I have , in my job , complained about 1 or 2 of my coworkers, with a view to getting them sacked. I have spoken to line managers and owners. The 2 people are still there, even though those I spoke to agreed with my opinion. So fuck it, if they want to keep two people who in one case is a thief, and in both cases are lazy shits ( and proud of it by the way ) then so be it. But I for one will make no effort to cover for them. If you have the chance to get rid of someone who is a liability, then jump at it, you might only get the one chance. I am all for helping those who need help, but some people deserve to be sacked.

Reviews

Fair enough.

But did you look after your incompetent mates?

Just stirring shit now!
    I have actually been guilty of covering up for people in the past!
    The difference being that they are people I felt were very competent, but who made mistakes.....we are all human!!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jamieboyo View Post

At the end of the day, you have to put the business first. Whether it's your own business or whether you're employed in an authoritative position.

Reviews

There comes a stage when you're working with a lazy fuck that u say to yourself "why the fuck am I doing all the work ?"
    Problem is that I can only bluff for so long then have to do my work whereas yer man bluff all the time & doesn't give 1 fuck.
    Yet he's probably earning more than me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast