Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a cancer risk to women from talcum powder?

Reviews

Default Is there a cancer risk to women from talcum powder?

Is there a cancer risk to women from talcum powder?

There has been rumours for decades about this but now there is a court case from America.
    "
    A jury in the US state of Missouri has ordered Johnson & Johnson to pay $72m (£51m) to the family of a woman who claimed her death was linked to use of the company's Baby Powder talc.
    Jackie Fox from Birmingham, Alabama died of ovarian cancer last year, aged 62, having used the talc for decades.
    Her family's lawyers argued that the firm knew of cancer risks from the product and failed to warn consumers.
    "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35648252

Quote from Cancer Research UK "evidence for a link between talc use and ovarian cancer is "still uncertain".
    "Even if there is a risk it is likely to be fairly small
    ."

Quote from Ovarian cancer charity Ovacome “the causes of the disease are still unknown but are likely to be "a combination of many different inherited and environmental factors, rather than one cause such as talc".

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

mature abby (24-02-16)

When I get my pussy waxed they put talc down first, so ..... who do I sue? early retirement and a condo somewhere not to sunny.... Like Iceland maybe :P

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post

There has been rumours for decades about this but now there is a court case from America.
    "
    A jury in the US state of Missouri has ordered Johnson & Johnson to pay $72m (£51m) to the family of a woman who claimed her death was linked to use of the company's Baby Powder talc.
    Jackie Fox from Birmingham, Alabama died of ovarian cancer last year, aged 62, having used the talc for decades.
    Her family's lawyers argued that the firm knew of cancer risks from the product and failed to warn consumers.
    "

Quote from Cancer Research UK "evidence for a link between talc use and ovarian cancer is "still uncertain".
    ."

Quote from Ovarian cancer charity Ovacome “the causes of the disease are still unknown but are likely to be "a combination of many different inherited and environmental factors, rather than one cause such as talc".
    If this is true, this a bigger story than smoking causes cancer, considering this is what every parent uses on babies bums. Is it all Talc, or just the one from Johnson and Johnson??

This scares me
    Last edited by Best Before; 24-02-16 at 09:50.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Best Before View Post
    If this is true, this a bigger story than smoking causes cancer, considering this is what every parent uses on babies bums. Is it all Talc, or just the one from Johnson and Johnson??

This scares me
    It is all talc. I heard stories about this decades ago. Most men involved in sport would use talc to avoid rubbing and chaffing and knowledgeable folks would have warned that it caused cancer in women and that men should use it sparingly and carefully and avoid breathing the dust.
    However, the risk, if it exists, is thought to be very small.

Now, excuse me, but I must start a thread about the stories I have heard about diet Coke!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

mature abby (24-02-16)

Reviews

SophieX is vindicated ;-)
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

mature abby (24-02-16)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post

"
    "

."

i was thinking about this the other day , but more about breathing it , x

Reviews

There is a question of anatomy here.
    Part of (the very slight suggested risk) was if particles of talc migrated into the fallopian tubes(the tube linking the ovary to the womb along which the egg passes) and over many years produced some sort of irritation/inflammation that might predispose to ovarin cancer. Men with their different anatomy can sleep easy and any risk to women if it exists is pretty slight.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

Reviews

I know I could have lung damage as when I was punting in England the girls would say, babes, you want oil, talcum powder or my hands and would always choose the talcum powder.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knibbs View Post
    I know I could have lung damage as when I was punting in England the girls would say, babes, you want oil, talcum powder or my hands and would always choose the talcum powder.
    a claim in the making hun x

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mature abby View Post
    a claim in the making hun x
    Good thinking abby but who would I serve the papers to?

would that I smoke 60 cigs a day have a bearing on the case?

I award you Fu*k All, my Son

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast