Thread: rory gallagher festival 28th-31st may

Reviews

Default rory gallagher festival 28th-31st may

anyone heading to

:: Going To My Home Town.com ::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1010...eature=related

This unique 4-day tribute Festival takes place in the Town where Ireland's greatest Rock 'n Blues Guitarist - Rory Gallagher was born 61 years ago - Ballyshannon, Co.Donegal in the North West of Ireland. Its the 7th consecutive year for the event to take place in Ballyshannon following on from the success of recent years with thousands of Rory Gallagher's fans from all over the World making this now the Annual Pilgrimage to honour Rory in his birthplace of Ballyshannon.

The Rory Gallagher International Tribute Festival 2009 begins on Thursday 28th May and continues through until Sunday 31st May 2009. We are delighted that this year among the main headline acts on the Saturday Night at Rory Gallagher Theatre, will be "SHINKICKER" (England) featuring the electrifying Guitarist ~ Chris Stuckey, "DAVE McHUGH BAND" (Ireland) and "Hotlips & Chilli Fingers" featuring Chris Newman complete the only all-ticket show, that is sure to sell-out in advance.

Some 25 performing acts will appear at the Rory Gallagher Festival coming from Holland , Germany , Italy , USA , Norway , England , Scotland and Ireland. Several International Rory Tribute Bands will be making their debuts at the 2009 Festival including “BEARDED BABIES” (Norway), "WOLFPIN" (Holland) and "BIG GUNS" (Italy).

Making a welcomed return are leading performers “Sinnerboy” (England), “Defender” from Scotland, “Remember Rory” (Germany), legendary local Rockers “Boxtie” and Johnny Gallagher, "Moonchild", “The Deans” and Joe O’Neill with his new-look “Messin’ with D’Gallagher”. A band that must be seen to be believed SEAMIE O'DOWD BAND who will be once again rocking the streets of Ballyshannon with his band, requiring no introduction to festival-goers. Sligo’s favourite son - Seamie, has a passion and an awesome rawness that is refreshing for many Rory fans.

A person who shared the stage on occasion with Rory was Fermanagh-man Pat McManus, a former member of “Mama’s Boy’s” and the PAT McMANUS BAND will be playing amongst many of the Open Air Concerts that will take place in Ballyshannon at the Rory Gallagher International Tribute Festival 2009.
    Last edited by Bigbadjohn; 28-05-09 at 10:23.

Reviews

Default pat mcmanus

pat mcmanus is shit hot

YouTube - pat mcmanus at rory fest 07

Reviews

What's your favourite Rory song?

I like "Brute Force And Ignorance".

Mine would be "Philby" - YouTube - Rory Gallagher - Philby

I've been planning on travelin' to Donegal for the festival for the last couple of years, but haven't got around to doing so yet. Hope you have a great time there Bigbadjohn.

Donegal is - in my humble opinion - the most beautiful county in all of Ireland.

And many years ago my friends and I saw Mama's Boys play in our home town, too.

Wish I'd had the luck to see 'Horslips' as well - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5G8AJf4Xzw
    Last edited by Peter Pussy Eater; 29-05-09 at 20:06.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

I like "Brute Force And Ignorance".

after a weekend of hearing most of his songs 2 or 3 times live

still, the heavy laid back blues of YouTube - Rory Gallagher - I Wonder Who (Vienna 1978) would be my no 1 favorite. overall im into the earlyier Taste stuff
    YouTube - Rory Gallagher (Taste)- Gambling Blues ( Live-isle of wight)

and the slightly jazzy/blues YouTube - Rory Gallagher - I can't believe it's true

ballyshannon had the usual great atmosphere, there was a huge crowd there, the strretdrinking went on till daylight. 4 live outdoor stages throughout the town is a great idea

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadjohn View Post
    there was a huge crowd there, the strretdrinking went on till daylight.
    Is that a good thing? No harm if it's people enjoying themselves, but drunken fuckers puking and pissing all over the place and being loud and obnoxious really screws up everyone's fun. It's what royally fucked up Willie Clancy week.

Reviews

Default Fav RG song

Has to Bullfrog Blues