Thread: CAVAN WARNING! 16th/17th of February - Gardaí activity in Church Street

Exclamation CAVAN WARNING! 16th/17th of February - Gardaí activity in Church Street

So tonight I went on this site and looked through the local listings. I went through the usual motions, arrived at the location at the agreed time and I was in the place around 15/20 minutes and a knock came to the door. It was ignored and the knocking got more violent. So both of the girls went to the door, I quickly got dressed and stood in the room out of sight of the bedroom door.

After the Gardaí asked for names and I.Ds and said "We'll be back here tomorrow night" (Wednesday the 17th of February) So if you're punting in Cavan, be careful.

I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life. I know that they can't come in without a warrant or resonable cause and I know there's no law against paying someone for their time, but when you're in a situation like that, logic isn't you're best friend.

It has put me off visiting anyone for a while, maybe forever, the girl I was with was very nice about it and apologised more than necessary, it wasn't her fault.

I know they're just checking up on who's around and in a way it's a good thing in case there is a problem caused by anyone in the locations, they know who is who and who is there. If they'd just wait until I wasn't there!

Ah well, it's something you can look back on and laugh at, I thought I'd leave a post on here just to let anyone punting in cavan to beware.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cavanm For This Useful Post:

get20 (19-02-16), LLLLL (19-02-16), milkman (17-02-16), tom sand (17-02-16), TonyB (17-02-16), Wolverine (17-02-16)

Reviews

They DO NOT need a warrant !! I would not be going near that apartment for a long time, just out of interest were they uniformed?
    " Thankful for those thankful for the things I did "

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lapd View Post
    They DO NOT need a warrant !! I would not be going near that apartment for a long time, just out of interest were they uniformed? ?
    DO NOT need a warrant???????????

Human Rights Law, enshrined in the Irish Constitution, 'the dwelling of every citizen is inviolable and shall not be forcibly entered save in accordance with law'.

Would have thought they would have certainly needed a warrant. Garda often use a bluff, for example just being aggressive to gain entry and then claiming they were invited in because no-one objected. Cannot insist of ID either on private property unless they have awarrant or some specific offence is beig committed.

Doesn't matter if the "private property" is owned, rented, or the occupant is there with the permission of the owner, as long as the occupant is not there illegally.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

tom sand (17-02-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    DO NOT need a warrant???????????

Human Rights Law, enshrined in the Irish Constitution, 'the dwelling of every citizen is inviolable and shall not be forcibly entered save in accordance with law'.

Would have thought they would have certainly needed a warrant. Garda often use a bluff, for example just being aggressive to gain entry and then claiming they were invited in because no-one objected. Cannot insist of ID either on private property unless they have awarrant or some specific offence is beig committed.

Doesn't matter if the "private property" is owned, rented, or the occupant is there with the permission of the owner, as long as the occupant is not there illegally.
    Yes FORCIBLY entered, they can ASK to come in!! and then if refused can obtain warrant, I am sure someone reported something, all they had to say was neighbor reported screams from flat can we come in to check girls !!
    Being 2 I assume non nationals I am sure they would not say no, and if they checked ID I am sure they were inside. The way it goes if you have nothing to hide you cooperate if not then you cause a shit storm for yourself.
    A senior officer can grant warrant if officer believes anything going on in apartment.
    " Thankful for those thankful for the things I did "

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by cavanm View Post
    So tonight I went on this site and looked through the local listings. I went through the usual motions, arrived at the location at the agreed time and I was in the place around 15/20 minutes and a knock came to the door. It was ignored and the knocking got more violent. So both of the girls went to the door, I quickly got dressed and stood in the room out of sight of the bedroom door.

After the Gardaí asked for names and I.Ds and said "We'll be back here tomorrow night" (Wednesday the 17th of February) So if you're punting in Cavan, be careful.

I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life. I know that they can't come in without a warrant or resonable cause and I know there's no law against paying someone for their time, but when you're in a situation like that, logic isn't you're best friend.

It has put me off visiting anyone for a while, maybe forever, the girl I was with was very nice about it and apologised more than necessary, it wasn't her fault.

I know they're just checking up on who's around and in a way it's a good thing in case there is a problem caused by anyone in the locations, they know who is who and who is there. If they'd just wait until I wasn't there!

Ah well, it's something you can look back on and laugh at, I thought I'd leave a post on here just to let anyone punting in cavan to beware.
    come on man
    you mean the wardrobe
    come on
    it was
    was'nt it
    Last edited by tom sand; 17-02-16 at 23:15. Reason: only messing smiley

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom sand For This Useful Post:

cavanm (19-02-16), Wolverine (18-02-16)

Quote Originally Posted by tom sand View Post
    come on man
    you mean the wardrobe
    come on
    it was
    was'nt it
    If there was a wardrobe in the room, I'd have got in to it!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cavanm For This Useful Post:

tom sand (19-02-16), TonyB (19-02-16)