Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drink driving - Am I at fault??

Default Drink driving - Am I at fault??

Have you? Would you?

It's not something I could do personally.....but it has bothered me on more than one occasion when a regular client I USED to see (he turned into a 'be my gf, mistress nutter' lol ) would drink 2-3+ glasses of wine and then state he was perfectly capable to drive home!! If I voiced my concerns (requested he get a taxi) in any way I used to get the 'I'm perfectly fine and I have a UK licence'.

So am I at fault for not being more forceful with my taxi request (when he brought wine)?
    Should I have stated no wine allowed when meeting me?

Although the last statemment makes me feel like his damn wife/gf/mother/minder etc and personally imo he is an adult and should answer for his own actions!

Would like to hear your feedback on this..........
    Last edited by Irish Belle; 06-02-16 at 03:19.
    Irish Belle (SEMI-RETIRED)
    "I have too many fantasies to be a housewife. I guess I am a fantasy" - Marilyn Monroe
    Call/txt 086 862 2695

Will return again at the end of summer

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Irish Belle For This Useful Post:

casman (07-02-16), ga1 (07-02-16), joggon (07-02-16), tom rambo (08-02-16), tom sand (06-02-16)

Reviews

Some people don't want to be helped!
    Don't lose sleep over it as he shouldn't be doing it/should know why he shouldn't be doing it/shouldn't be putting you in a position where you feel responsible.

He clearly wasn't too drunk though as he knows he wants you as a gf/mistress

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

Irish Belle (06-02-16), tom rambo (08-02-16), tom sand (06-02-16), willie wacker (06-02-16)

Personally, if it were me that you served 3 glasses of wine, I'd expect that you would keep me in bed until I was fit to drive.
    If the Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know it's Me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

Irish Belle (06-02-16)

Quote Originally Posted by xagerate View Post
    Some people don't want to be helped!
    Don't lose sleep over it as he shouldn't be doing it/should know why he shouldn't be doing it/shouldn't be putting you in a position where you feel responsible.

He clearly wasn't too drunk though as he knows he wants you as a gf/mistress
    I agree.....but when there's arrogance involved it's like a loosing battle. I've been close to loosing it a few times as I've seen first hand the carnage from drink driving in the operating theatres (if they're lucky enough to get as far as it) and he has a lovely little 5+ yr old daughter, who only has her dad and he does this sort of crap! It makes me furious as so many lives are at stake if he continues.......
    "I have too many fantasies to be a housewife. I guess I am a fantasy" - Marilyn Monroe
    Call/txt 086 862 2695

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Belle For This Useful Post:

tom sand (06-02-16)

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    Personally, if it were me that you served 3 glasses of wine, I'd expect that you would keep me in bed until I was fit to drive.
    And I would have hunie, if the top ups hadn't been done behind my back (ladies room) or being told barefaced lies of taxi on way and then see his car zoom down the road!!
    Call/txt 086 862 2695

Reviews

I was out tonight and I was driving but I wouldn't even risk having one drink, its not worth it. As you say its not your responsibility, we're all adults and he should be able to answer for his actions. I think you're right to express concerns but ultimately its his own fault if anything happened. Hopefully he didn't have 3 glasses in a 30min booking lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NoBrain2 For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (06-02-16)

Reviews

Yes you are at fault. If he drives while intoxicated and you know it, call the gardai if you don't want to get involved yourself. If he drives and hits someone, you are partly to blame for not speaking up.
    Empty vessels makes the most noise.

200+ not out.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to corkpunter For This Useful Post:

bollocks (07-02-16), joggon (07-02-16)

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    1hr per unit hunie....lots of coffee then!
    Call/txt 086 862 2695

Quote Originally Posted by NoBrain2 View Post
    I was out tonight and I was driving but I wouldn't even risk having one drink, its not worth it. As you say its not your responsibility, we're all adults and he should be able to answer for his actions. I think you're right to express concerns but ultimately its his own fault if anything happened. Hopefully he didn't have 3 glasses in a 30min booking lol
    True...but responsibility overtakes at times. 1/1.5hr booking usually. Still over the limit, time wise for unit consumption.
    Call/txt 086 862 2695

Quote Originally Posted by corkpunter View Post
    Yes you are at fault. If he drives while intoxicated and you know it, call the gardai if you don't want to get involved yourself. If he drives and hits someone, you are partly to blame for not speaking up.
    I suppose I am to a certain extent....and believe you me I would have NO PROBLEM calling the guards....if I got the car reg in the first place! Kinda hard to see that from a 2nd flr balcony at night though!!
    Call/txt 086 862 2695

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast