Thread: Euthanasia

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Euthanasia

With the job our recent incarnations of government have been doing regarding dismantling the health service you'd think they'd at least have the common courtesy of leaving a dignified exit option for the people who don't want to suffer their reality.

Oh well
    Last edited by Mister Anderson; 04-02-16 at 22:48.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

Cortez (04-02-16), DenaliGirl (04-02-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Anderson View Post
    With the job our recent incarnations of government have been doing regarding dismantling the health service you'd think they'd at least have the common courtesy of leaving a dignified exit option for the people who don't want to suffer their reality.

Oh well
    I cant see any main stream politician/party grasp the nettle of euthanasia. They're afraid of their lives to even mention opening pubs on Good Friday for fear of offending the crucifix bearing Legion of Mary brigade.
    Suffer on in pain and misery.....its the Irish way unfortunately.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cortez For This Useful Post:

alcatel (05-02-16), casman (05-02-16), Curvaceous Kate (05-02-16), Mister Anderson (04-02-16)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
    I cant see any main stream politician/party grasp the nettle of euthanasia. They're afraid of their lives to even mention opening pubs on Good Friday for fear of offending the crucifix bearing Legion of Mary brigade.
    Suffer on in pain and misery.....its the Irish way unfortunately.

All for the sake of some lunatic that may or may not have existed 2 thousand years ago. I thought this fucker died for our sins? If so then why are we still suffering?

#thesoundofonegodlaughing

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

Cortez (04-02-16)

Reviews

The
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Anderson View Post
    All for the sake of some lunatic that may or may not have existed 2 thousand years ago. I thought this fucker died for our sins? If so then why are we still suffering?

#thesoundofonegodlaughing
    It is fairly likely some such individual existed. There is some reference in Josephus often put forward as evidence. It is unlikely he would have seen himself as divine, but probably was a zealous preacher type, interpreting and trying to improve the Jewish religion. The divinity and other claptrap came later, starting with St. Paul and continuing to the Council of Nicea.
    Jesus was probably a wild eyed provincial preacher, with followers and gathering more, in the streets and markets of Jerusalem during the festival of Passover was it.
    The Jewish religious authorities /priesthood likely saw him as rabble rousing upstart and wanted rid.
    The Roman garrison, always on the lookout for potential rebellion also would have seen his removal as advisible, so he was consigned to the standard means of execution for non-Roman citizens-crucifixion..
    The defication came later and the fact the religion got going at all was probably a fluke. The rebellion eventually got going in 66AD,was largely over by 70AD, when the Romans re-entered Jerusalem and eventually petered out at Masada in 73AD.

Jesus was likely a Gandhi type figure but was taken out because of a perceived, possibility of inflaming tensions during a busy, Jewish pilgrimage, festival. Probably many others suffered similar fates but they faded from historical view.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

Mister Anderson (05-02-16)

Blog Entries

I believe in euthanasia. The problem is that it is open to abuse and people are scared that they could be murdered without their consent. It's a bit like the donor card problem in a way. Currently you can hold a donor card, be registered as a donor, but when you die another family member can come along and say no. If they can't get that right, how can you trust anyone with something as important as this?

If someone had the ability and intelligence to write up a water tight policy that protected the person that wanted to die, so it happened to their wishes at the time that they wanted and for the right reasons (some people would opt in believing they were a burden) then it would be great, but it is a very complex thing and open to manipulation if not conducted properly.

Would you trust the government that just stood down to write up a proposal?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Mister Anderson (05-02-16)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by alcatel View Post
    The

It is fairly likely some such individual existed. There is some reference in Josephus often put forward as evidence. It is unlikely he would have seen himself as divine, but probably was a zealous preacher type, interpreting and trying to improve the Jewish religion. The divinity and other claptrap came later, starting with St. Paul and continuing to the Council of Nicea.
    Jesus was probably a wild eyed provincial preacher, with followers and gathering more, in the streets and markets of Jerusalem during the festival of Passover was it.
    The Jewish religious authorities /priesthood likely saw him as rabble rousing upstart and wanted rid.
    The Roman garrison, always on the lookout for potential rebellion also would have seen his removal as advisible, so he was consigned to the standard means of execution for non-Roman citizens-crucifixion..
    The defication came later and the fact the religion got going at all was probably a fluke. The rebellion eventually got going in 66AD,was largely over by 70AD, when the Romans re-entered Jerusalem and eventually petered out at Masada in 73AD.

Jesus was likely a Gandhi type figure but was taken out because of a perceived, possibility of inflaming tensions during a busy, Jewish pilgrimage, festival. Probably many others suffered similar fates but they faded from historical view.
    Was that an intentional misspelling? It works well if it was.

I know the history, i grew up with it. I still have family members trapped in it. Strange thread for a history lesson dude

Reviews

euthanasia- every time I see this word I think 'youth in Asia'

And yes I'm pro choice!!
    Last edited by Clueless; 05-02-16 at 22:35.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Clueless For This Useful Post:

alcatel (05-02-16)

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    I'm hungry but I can't speak or move, or even talk.

Euthanasia is real even in this county!

Passively !!!
    Certain conditions quietly agreed.
    Non-interference bar pain relief.
    No hero's, no back up, brave.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Vitruvian For This Useful Post:

DenaliGirl (06-02-16)