Thread: There Will Be No Time To Introduce The Sex Worker Hating Law!

Reviews

Default There Will Be No Time To Introduce The Sex Worker Hating Law!

I am very reliably informed that with The Current Dáil ending almost certainly tomorrow or if not, the next day, there will be absolutely not enough time to introduce the sex worker hating law, though no doubt, they will try it again soon next time out, with perhaps an even more disgusting version! However, Laura may have won her case against The Northern Irish version of it by then, which will give our loons less of a reason to introduce it down here!
    Ride them on the beaches!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Libertarian For This Useful Post:

Jack in the Box (13-03-16), Larrii (03-03-16), nibb (04-03-16), Petros (02-02-16), Sexy Sandy 69 (03-03-16), TonyB (03-03-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The Libertarian View Post
    I am very reliably informed that with The Current Dáil ending almost certainly tomorrow or if not, the next day, there will be absolutely not enough time to introduce the sex worker hating law, though no doubt, they will try it again soon next time out, with perhaps an even more disgusting version! However, Laura may have won her case against The Northern Irish version of it by then, which will give our loons less of a reason to introduce it down here!
    That would be an excellent result if she does by the time the bill surfaces again!
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

It's been said before, but hats off to the technical group who asked for further debate, not least on foot of submissions from Amnesty and other interested groups. With a little luck, if there is to be a revisit of this Bill, they'll actually take into consideration workers' safety etc and that common sense will prevail. I am hoping, if not hopeful, that the revised version of the Bill will be more sensible.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LazarusRisen For This Useful Post:

Sexy Sandy 69 (03-03-16)

Reviews

Now that the dust is settling after the election what next for the proposed legislation? Firstly what is the legal position? can the process be continued at the stage it was left off or does it have to begin again? Will the make up of the new Dail make any difference to things ? Will for example it be possible to seek a return to the pre legislation stage with a proper and fair hearing given to the varied and substantial critics of the bill? Is it possible that the anti sex industry provisions could be separated from the rest of the proposed legislation and be considered solely on its own merits? What impact could the scheduled court case in Belfast have on proceedings? Sorry about all those questions!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dom Dunn For This Useful Post:

Sexy Sandy 69 (03-03-16)

Reviews

Can I thank a post twice?

Reviews

There is one problem with this bill, few will want to be seen to oppose it.
    I think we can only hope it's shelved.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

Larrii (03-03-16), Sexy Sandy 69 (03-03-16)