Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Terry Wogan RIP at 77

Reviews

He was a wonderful ambassador for The Irish Community in Britain and this was extremely valuable in particular during the troubles! RIP!
    Ride them on the beaches!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Libertarian For This Useful Post:

alcatel (31-01-16), Curvaceous Kate (31-01-16), Klittyliker (31-01-16)

Reviews

Terrible news. I can't remember a time when Terry Wogan wasn't on either the TV or the radio. He was always the highlight of the Eurovision as he made fun of all the acts, costumes etc He did it in such a humourous way as he got steadily drunker as the evening progressed. As previously stated he was a wonderful Ambassador for Ireland and it's people. A great entertainer, he will be terribly missed.
    A quote from Terry recently:

“Treasure is the kind of thing you dig up... or bury! And when people say, 'Oh, he's an icon,' well, an icon is a very old painting hanging in a Russian church! If you want to say something, say something nice about me. Don't call me a national treasure.”

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Klittyliker For This Useful Post:

alcatel (31-01-16), Curvaceous Kate (31-01-16), Melindablondey (31-01-16)

RIP Terry Wogan, I'd read that he wasn't well, I grew up with him on television regularly, he was a great presenter.

Sandy x
    In memory of an awesome woman Laura Lee RIP
    It's so difficult to articulate just how much she meant. Inspirational, brave and irreplaceable - our hero.
    Please do what you can for her daughter. Deeply appreciated.
    https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/glasgaelauralee

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sexy Sandy 69 For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (31-01-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Curvaceous Kate View Post
    I hope you're not thinking of me in terms of your Mother! How old are you?

I never listened to radio 4, but my childhood memories of him are fond and he was witty with the eurovision and it's never been the same since he stopped doing that. (in my opinion).
    The biology would be impossible.
    I'm old enough to be your older brother.
    Wogan was a fine and talented broadcaster and presenter.
    I found the Eurovision coverage had too much of laugh at the Continentals and their funny songs.
    We had Marty Whelan (or Terry Wogan lite;-) here adopting much the same attitude and in the little I've seen, Norton continues in the same vein.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alcatel View Post
    The biology would be impossible.
    I'm old enough to be your older brother.
    Wogan was a fine and talented broadcaster and presenter.
    I found the Eurovision coverage had too much of laugh at the Continentals and their funny songs.
    We had Marty Whelan (or Terry Wogan lite;-) here adopting much the same attitude and in the little I've seen, Norton continues in the same vein.
    Norton goes too far for me. It feels like you're entertaining the school bully the way he does it, but with Wogan it was so quick and witty, if you didn't listen properly you might miss it and that is what made it funny. It didn't feel like he discriminated to me, as it felt like it was the 'action' he was taking the P out of and not the country. Everyone was fair game.

I guess it was a formula that worked and they have tried to replicate it, but not with success. It was the man himself that made it work.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Klittyliker (01-02-16)

An absolute gentleman both on TV/Radio and in real life. Highly intelligent and observant, Terry had a wonderful, ascerbic type of wit. Look up "Never mind the Buzzcocks" on the BBC i player to truly appreciate his comedic genius.

Ohhh, btw........ Hi Kate, long time no speak. Was taking a bit of a hiatus but normal service is now resumed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Redkingirish For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (01-02-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Curvaceous Kate View Post
    Tis sad news indeed. I liked him.
    RIP Terry

2016 looks like being the Celebrity death year

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

13. The Following User Says Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

Reviews

RIP Terry he always came across as an absolute gentleman and a totally genuine guy with great wit. He was an excellent interveiwer I thought a real broadcasting legend.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to circumcised guy For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by circumcised guy View Post
    RIP Terry he always came across as an absolute gentleman and a totally genuine guy with great wit. He was an excellent interveiwer I thought a real broadcasting legend.
    i loved his voice
    his talking voice i mean
    RIP
    stop dying every one

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom sand For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (01-02-16), Melindablondey (31-01-16)

RIP Tel. Forsyth dodges the bullet again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast