Thread: Did you ever wish

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Did you ever wish

We kept our national identity?

I'm fiercely proud of been irish I come form an area where gaa scor etc where our life blood where I learned set dancing and never read a sheat of music till I was playing music years learning instead by ear.. at chirstmas it's irish I speak with my neighbours and i'm a fiercely proud gealgoir I love everything about culture our myths our ways how we celebrate our dead our traditions
    But these even at my young age are alien to most
    I see this as a travesty.. I curse alot but I see fuck as my chIsle towards the oppresion of the English language. What a beauitful native tongue we have but no one speaks it? Tonight I'd the opportunity to converse in my native tongue while joyus leaves me saddened why and how did we loose our identity? Irish is taught appallingly in schools and only for my background am I a fluent speaker nut even in my family we speak less and less it's almost become private moments with my father when we converse only in irish
    I set dance play music and speak my native tongue but I fear I'm but of a few who does will irish and our culture be gone are the days of wakes at home stopping clocks covering mirrors dying

Never forget your roots for they support each leaf we have one of the most unique and beauitful cultures and we watch it die without a care very sad

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

alcatel (30-01-16), Barney Rubble (31-01-16), casman (30-01-16), DenaliGirl (31-01-16), Rachel Divine (30-01-16), The D Man (01-02-16)