Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you ever wish

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Did you ever wish

We kept our national identity?

I'm fiercely proud of been irish I come form an area where gaa scor etc where our life blood where I learned set dancing and never read a sheat of music till I was playing music years learning instead by ear.. at chirstmas it's irish I speak with my neighbours and i'm a fiercely proud gealgoir I love everything about culture our myths our ways how we celebrate our dead our traditions
    But these even at my young age are alien to most
    I see this as a travesty.. I curse alot but I see fuck as my chIsle towards the oppresion of the English language. What a beauitful native tongue we have but no one speaks it? Tonight I'd the opportunity to converse in my native tongue while joyus leaves me saddened why and how did we loose our identity? Irish is taught appallingly in schools and only for my background am I a fluent speaker nut even in my family we speak less and less it's almost become private moments with my father when we converse only in irish
    I set dance play music and speak my native tongue but I fear I'm but of a few who does will irish and our culture be gone are the days of wakes at home stopping clocks covering mirrors dying

Never forget your roots for they support each leaf we have one of the most unique and beauitful cultures and we watch it die without a care very sad

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

alcatel (30-01-16), Barney Rubble (31-01-16), casman (30-01-16), DenaliGirl (31-01-16), Rachel Divine (30-01-16), The D Man (01-02-16)

Reviews

nice post annabel
    what instrument do you play

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tom sand View Post
    nice post annabel
    what instrument do you play
    Lots of them...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

tom sand (30-01-16)

Well said Annabel .a proud Irish girl. Yes I went to the Gaeity to scor finals myself

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by annabel taylor View Post

I'm fiercely proud of been irish I come form an area where gaa scor etc where our life blood where I learned set dancing and never read a sheat of music till I was playing music years learning instead by ear.. at chirstmas it's irish I speak with my neighbours and i'm a fiercely proud gealgoir I love everything about culture our myths our ways how we celebrate our dead our traditions
    I see this as a travesty.. I curse alot but I see fuck as my chIsle towards the oppresion of the English language. What a beauitful native tongue we have but no one speaks it? Tonight I'd the opportunity to converse in my native tongue while joyus leaves me saddened why and how did we loose our identity? Irish is taught appallingly in schools and only for my background am I a fluent speaker nut even in my family we speak less and less it's almost become private moments with my father when we converse only in irish
    I set dance play music and speak my native tongue but I fear I'm but of a few who does will irish and our culture be gone are the days of wakes at home stopping clocks covering mirrors dying

Never forget your roots for they support each leaf we have one of the most unique and beauitful cultures and we watch it die without a care very sad

maybe its the whiskey talking here but- fuck me i almost cried reading this!! so well said. I'm ashamed to say i can hardly speak a word even though i had 2 years of irish at high school. Never too late to learn i suppose

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Iusedtobesomeonelse For This Useful Post:

tom sand (30-01-16)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iusedtobesomeonelse View Post
    maybe its the whiskey talking here but- fuck me i almost cried reading this!! so well said. I'm ashamed to say i can hardly speak a word even though i had 2 years of irish at high school. Never too late to learn i suppose
    I like whiskey too

Reviews

I like whiskey too
    i've just spent the evening doing my online tax return- so to celebrate i have cracked open a bottle of Jameson 18 year old- and to use your own word 'FUCK me, this is smoooooooooth"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Iusedtobesomeonelse For This Useful Post:

tom sand (30-01-16)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iusedtobesomeonelse View Post
    i've just spent the evening doing my online tax return- so to celebrate i have cracked open a bottle of Jameson 18 year old- and to use your own word 'FUCK me, this is smoooooooooth"
    Nice taste I had jack Daniels not a favourite tho

Reviews

Nice taste I had jack Daniels not a favourite tho
    i've had my share of jack in my time too and lots of scotch but of late i've been trying some if the native fire water. This 18 year old was a gift from a visiting friend and i had been saving it but yesterday i heard some news that just made me think- fuck it life is too short to have good whiskey sitting in the cupboard

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Iusedtobesomeonelse For This Useful Post:

tom sand (30-01-16)

Reviews

Hi irish bhean sexy , is breá liom gach rud hÉireann go speisialta na weemen ,,, a dhéanann tú a choinneáil i gcónaí ar an bata camán faoi leaba

16. The Following User Says Thank You to knibbs For This Useful Post:

tom sand (30-01-16)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast