Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: Did you ever wish

  1. #1

    Default Did you ever wish

    We kept our national identity?

    I'm fiercely proud of been irish I come form an area where gaa scor etc where our life blood where I learned set dancing and never read a sheat of music till I was playing music years learning instead by ear.. at chirstmas it's irish I speak with my neighbours and i'm a fiercely proud gealgoir I love everything about culture our myths our ways how we celebrate our dead our traditions
    But these even at my young age are alien to most
    I see this as a travesty.. I curse alot but I see fuck as my chIsle towards the oppresion of the English language. What a beauitful native tongue we have but no one speaks it? Tonight I'd the opportunity to converse in my native tongue while joyus leaves me saddened why and how did we loose our identity? Irish is taught appallingly in schools and only for my background am I a fluent speaker nut even in my family we speak less and less it's almost become private moments with my father when we converse only in irish
    I set dance play music and speak my native tongue but I fear I'm but of a few who does will irish and our culture be gone are the days of wakes at home stopping clocks covering mirrors dying

    Never forget your roots for they support each leaf we have one of the most unique and beauitful cultures and we watch it die without a care very sad

    Freddo bars are now 50 cent! Has Fred grown up... gotten a mortgage and thinks he can take liberties??
    Frog faced cunt.
    DUNDALK 24th 25th and 26th flying visit
    discreet 4 star location
    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...annabel-taylor

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

    alcatel (30-01-16), Barney Rubble (31-01-16), casman (30-01-16), DenaliGirl (31-01-16), Escort AdvertiserIrish Josephine (30-01-16), Rachel Divine (31-01-16), The D Man (01-02-16)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    far far away
    Posts
    7,680
    Reviews
    1

    Default

    nice post annabel
    what instrument do you play

  4. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tom sand View Post
    nice post annabel
    what instrument do you play
    Lots of them...
    Freddo bars are now 50 cent! Has Fred grown up... gotten a mortgage and thinks he can take liberties??
    Frog faced cunt.
    DUNDALK 24th 25th and 26th flying visit
    discreet 4 star location
    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...annabel-taylor

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

    tom sand (31-01-16)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Navan Happy Christmas xxx UpdatesTwitter
    Posts
    5,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by annabel taylor View Post
    We kept our national identity?

    I'm fiercely proud of been irish I come form an area where gaa scor etc where our life blood where I learned set dancing and never read a sheat of music till I was playing music years learning instead by ear.. at chirstmas it's irish I speak with my neighbours and i'm a fiercely proud gealgoir I love everything about culture our myths our ways how we celebrate our dead our traditions
    But these even at my young age are alien to most
    I see this as a travesty.. I curse alot but I see fuck as my chIsle towards the oppresion of the English language. What a beauitful native tongue we have but no one speaks it? Tonight I'd the opportunity to converse in my native tongue while joyus leaves me saddened why and how did we loose our identity? Irish is taught appallingly in schools and only for my background am I a fluent speaker nut even in my family we speak less and less it's almost become private moments with my father when we converse only in irish
    I set dance play music and speak my native tongue but I fear I'm but of a few who does will irish and our culture be gone are the days of wakes at home stopping clocks covering mirrors dying

    Never forget your roots for they support each leaf we have one of the most unique and beauitful cultures and we watch it die without a care very sad


    In red is a must.
    Hotel "Family Gatherings" are sad but seem to be getting popular.
    I have great memories of old peoples wakes all noise and tales, now it is Hotels and good behaviour, sad.

    I miss the way my grandparents and older family spoke, going for a dander, so many lost phrases.


    I should say that the wake is done properly every time just the meal afterwards is a Hotel "Family Gathering" too formal for me but of course the nearest have to do what they feel is right
    Last edited by Irish Josephine; 30-01-16 at 23:49.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irish Josephine For This Useful Post:

    DenaliGirl (31-01-16), tom sand (31-01-16)

  8. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Josephine View Post
    In red is a must.
    Hotel "Family Gatherings" are sad but seem to be getting popular.
    I have great memories of old peoples wakes all noise and tales, now it is Hotels and good behaviour, sad.

    I miss the way my grandparents and older family spoke, going for a dander, so many lost phrases.
    I speak irish my younger neighbours I'd a terrific teacher at school history and when he was teaching us about the irish revival how irish became sexy I wish we could have that how many Europeans speak there native tongue plus english been bi lingual as a child is awesome
    I just find it all very sad I will make sure no matter where I am my children will speak irish know there culture
    Freddo bars are now 50 cent! Has Fred grown up... gotten a mortgage and thinks he can take liberties??
    Frog faced cunt.
    DUNDALK 24th 25th and 26th flying visit
    discreet 4 star location
    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...annabel-taylor

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

    Escort AdvertiserIrish Josephine (30-01-16), tom sand (31-01-16)

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    southeast
    Posts
    106
    Reviews
    25

    Default

    Well said Annabel .a proud Irish girl. Yes I went to the Gaeity to scor finals myself

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Navan Happy Christmas xxx UpdatesTwitter
    Posts
    5,049

    Default

    There are a few groups in Belfast teaching Irish and cross community.
    That is important that Irish is seen as a cross community identity for us in the north.

    It is a pity more do not know enough history to know that Catholic and Protestant were not always a separate and divided set of groups, but best say nothing or the thread may turn into a fight.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irish Josephine For This Useful Post:

    tom rambo (31-01-16), tom sand (31-01-16)

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Luxury accommodation
    Posts
    17,872

    Default

    Love that song in Irish.

    Funny thing how some clients moan about escorts not advertising their real nationality when they don't even speak their own language. No offence.

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Navan Happy Christmas xxx UpdatesTwitter
    Posts
    5,049

    Default

    Window must be opened when a person dies.
    Maybe a local thing but the folk insist.
    I was in a room when a person died and a woman scrambled for the window like dogs were attacking her so was so anxious to open it.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irish Josephine For This Useful Post:

    DenaliGirl (31-01-16), tom sand (31-01-16)

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Navan Happy Christmas xxx UpdatesTwitter
    Posts
    5,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Divine View Post
    Love that song in Irish.

    Funny thing how some clients moan about escorts not advertising their real nationality when they don't even speak their own language. No offence.
    Offence can only be taken if a person cares what the other thinks, no offence taken xx

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Josephine For This Useful Post:

    tom rambo (31-01-16)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •