Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saudi Embassy attacked / burned in Tehran amid rioting

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    If you notice, I was actually quoting you. I was never anti-interference, but it has to be done with quite a bit of forethought about what will benefit those affected, not what will benefit those with vested interests.
    Saving the Yasidis off Sinjar was a legitimate cause .

Beyond that , to me it would seem that the most recent 'interferences' benefited no one.

: UK , US etc. at huge financial cost are bombing vast territories to naught .

The locals keep dying : innocent children , women , elderly , etc .

Able bodied men either join Isis (or any other number of outfits) OR alternately ,

they get on a boat and make their way to Europe.

How much more can ye all Europeans bear ??

: next year (this year - 2016) will be even worse than the last >>> bring on Another Million !

Interference : who does it benefit !?

Not the U.S. (except in arms deals) , and most certainly not Europe .

So ! : WHO does interference benefit ???

Have you seen the New Year's 'Festivities' in various German / Swedish towns ??

Look it up .

Think x
    Last edited by Stephanie; 08-01-16 at 22:48.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Cable87 (08-01-16)

Talking

A mess that was largely created by the west a long time ago, and regularly messed up by the west's interference ever since, that is why "we have to interfere" as you put it.
    If you notice, I was actually quoting you. I was never anti-interference, but it has to be done with quite a bit of forethought about what will benefit those affected, not what will benefit those with vested interests.
    I so wish I had the time and patience to look up ALL your Contrary and Contradictory posts lol l m a o x
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Though I would (hesitantly , grudgingly) agree with you ! , : remove the current rulers -- what then !!!?

That's certainly a complex question, and certainly would have the potential lead to an even more complicated situation in the short-term.

BUT-- Assuming that an overthrow of the House of Saud would be 'home grown', in that the revolution happened internally, without ANY outside intervention (highly unlikely of course), then I suspect that a government that would form afterwards would have great potential to make the country a much more progressive one. The vast oil wealth could be used to create one of the most advanced social systems in the world, if profits and resources were put towards that end. A progressive government in the region could end much of the religious strife which the Saudis have been intentionally provoking as of late, most notably the murder of civilians in neighboring Yemen.

But perhaps the most tangible threat would be the spread of IS/ISIS into the void of the Saudis, stoking even more violence than we are seeing now; but at least then, the rest of the world would have an enemy it wasn't beholden to for its natural resources. The world would have no problem with pushing for an invasion of the Arabian Peninsula, and pushing out ISIS from one side of the Middle East to the other.
    Fighting the Good Fight...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    911 dude.........................

Indeed. I didn't think it needed repeating.

But for those who don't know or can't remember... 15 of the 19 September 11 highjackers were Saudi citizens...
    Fighting the Good Fight...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123