Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: cork streets

Quote Originally Posted by PlankMan View Post
    A rising tide lifts all boats?
    Or maybe not. Passed a young petite girl this evening who was beyond desperate. Shocked me to be honest. I suppose there will always be people falling on hard times.

Reviews

Saw a girl hanging around *********** st again last night I assume the same one.
    Last edited by Floki; 17-07-18 at 15:08.

We have someone from Cork Sexual Health Center who has had contacts with girls on the street checking on their welfare so we’ve alerted her!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SWAI For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (17-07-18), delicious jade (22-08-18), PlankMan (18-07-18), Wolverine (17-07-18)

I don't understand how the whole street scene still exists, especially given the new law. You'd imagine it'd be difficult to keep discreet.

I be happy just to give them money without any service
    Last edited by Floki; 08-05-20 at 09:12.

7. Default

Where about they based of late?

I buy homeless people sandwiches from the nearest deli. Money mite be wasted

In my opinion giving people money for begging is not only a waste but essential rewarding them for an activity that increasingly marginalises them and continually crushes their dignity and mental spirit. Everyone who hands them cash is sponsoring their deterioration. Anyone who stops and talks to them is reminding them they are still human and not invisible. Nothing attacks the dignity more than being invisible to people. Most of us most the time treat these people like lampposts. We shouldnt reward activities that increase the rate of deterioration.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123