Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Déjà vu

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Déjà vu

This is going to sound weird.

I had a very strange experience a short while ago, this evening. I was arranging something with someone when I suddenly recalled an evening about one year ago. That evening I had to explain to someone that the look of confusion they were seeing on my face was because I was experiencing déjà vu. I shrugged it off as I've often done and forgot about it. The thing is that the déjà vu I had a year ago was exactly what I saw this evening. If that makes sense.

I'm not prone to believing in gods, fairies, clairvoyance, or any other hocus pocus. I've read up on déjà vu before and am familiar with the theory that it is a misfiring of neurons that simulates memory. But how can I have an exact record in memory (in as much sense as memory can be exact) from a year ago to a situation that happened this evening?

I did say it was going to sound weird ...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Anderson View Post

I had a very strange experience a short while ago, this evening. I was arranging something with someone when I suddenly recalled an evening about one year ago. That evening I had to explain to someone that the look of confusion they were seeing on my face was because I was experiencing déjà vu. I shrugged it off as I've often done and forgot about it. The thing is that the déjà vu I had a year ago was exactly what I saw this evening. If that makes sense.

I'm not prone to believing in gods, fairies, clairvoyance, or any other hocus pocus. I've read up on déjà vu before and am familiar with the theory that it is a misfiring of neurons that simulates memory. But how can I have an exact record in memory (in as much sense as memory can be exact) from a year ago to a situation that happened this evening?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

Mister Anderson (16-12-15)

Reviews

If you could have a similar recollection /experience about a good punt,you will save a fortune
    Last edited by xagerate; 16-12-15 at 22:41.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (16-12-15), Mister Anderson (16-12-15)

How can you be sure that what you think is a memory is not in fact deja vu?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post

I had actually considered putting a gif of that in my post in case anyone thought I was pulling the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by xagerate View Post
    If you could have a similar recollection /experience about a good punt,you will save a fortune
    If I could implant recollections/experiences like that I'd make a fortune.

Reviews

Do you know what the lotto no. for next friday are

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

9. The Following User Says Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Maron View Post
    How can you be sure that what you think is a memory is not in fact deja vu?

My déjà vus have always been an overwhelming feeling of reliving a moment as it happens but having no idea when the original moment happened. This time I was remembering it a year later as it happened.

I'm still trying to make sense of it
    Last edited by Mister Anderson; 16-12-15 at 22:54.

Reviews

I had actually considered putting a gif of that in my post in case anyone thought I was pulling the piss.
    I knew that yesterday!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    Do you know what the lotto no. for next friday are

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (16-12-15)

Reviews

That,s only one

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast