Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: General Election

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Maybe she'll get a new job advertising here,she's quite a looker !!
    indeed barney
    i love her voice

Reviews

Joan will be retired on a big fat pension, if she is not returned as may be likely.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (27-02-16), tom sand (26-02-16)

Reviews

FG 50 as best, FF 40, SF 20's, Lab 8-12 That is the prediction for seats.

Percentages are Fine Gael 26.1 per cent; Labour 7.8 per cent; Fianna Fail 22.9 per cent; Sinn Fein 14.9; AAA/PBP 3.6 per cent; Greens 3.5 per cent; Social Democrats 2.8 per cent; Renua 2.6 per cent; Others 28.3 per cent.

From the IT exit poll.
    Last edited by justfrank44; 26-02-16 at 23:52.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    would that mean that the most likely outcome , if a government is to be formed it would be fine gael/fianna fail?
    From what I am reading elsewhere, they are the only coalition possible with any degree of stability. Possible rotating Taoiseach . Sinn fein would then be largest opposition party.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    FG 50 as best, FF 40, SF 20's, Lab 8-12 That is the prediction for seats.

Percentages are Fine Gael 26.1 per cent; Labour 7.8 per cent; Fianna Fail 22.9 per cent; Sinn Fein 14.9; AAA/PBP 3.6 per cent; Greens 3.5 per cent; Social Democrats 2.8 per cent; Renua 2.6 per cent; Others 28.3 per cent.

From the IT exit poll.
    would that mean that the most likely outcome , if a government is to be formed it would be fine gael/fianna fail?
    Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    From what I am reading elsewhere, they are the only coalition possible with any degree of stability. Possible rotating Taoiseach . Sinn fein would then be largest opposition party.
    This all seems to be accurate so far according to the latest exit polls this morning.
    There seems to be a substantial protest vote, with fewer than one in every three voters gave their first preference to the Government parties.

Reviews

If the parties cant agree on any coalition government by 10th march, then could we be looking at another election in may. Or is that jumping the gun a bit?
    Yep
    Next budget and we will have a General Election again anyway

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    Yep
    Next budget and we will have a General Election again anyway
    Not if ff and fg go in together. Doesnt look like anyone has done anything much in this one. Wouldnt be surprised if we have another election. You either have ff and sf with support for democrates or and indeps or ff and fg. the last one looks the most stable but the least desirable.

Westside.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (27-02-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Not if ff and fg go in together. Doesnt look like anyone has done anything much in this one. Wouldnt be surprised if we have another election. You either have ff and sf with support for democrates or and indeps or ff and fg. the last one looks the most stable but the least desirable.

Westside.
    Yep your 100 % correct there and I for one would not like it either but I would prefer a stable government for the next 5 years.
    I think any other of the combination you mentioned will last about 18 months give or take and then an other election

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    Yep your 100 % correct there and I for one would not like it either but I would prefer a stable government for the next 5 years.
    I think any other of the combination you mentioned will last about 18 months give or take and then an other election
    If fg and ff form a gov and if ff do what labour should have done it may not be so bad but would they? For instance take water charges. Would ff still push to suspend them for five years as they say and would fg back this even after setting up Irish water? In fact this and this alone will be the hardest one for them if they do form a new gov. In other words will ff stand up to fg and throw the punches at them like they say they will. you have the EU to contend with then and both of these parties are very pro EU.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    If fg and ff form a gov and if ff do what labour should have done it may not be so bad but would they? For instance take water charges. Would ff still push to suspend them for five years as they say and would fg back this even after setting up Irish water? In fact this and this alone will be the hardest one for them if they do form a new gov. In other words will ff stand up to fg and throw the punches at them like they say they will. you have the EU to contend with then and both of these parties are very pro EU.

Westside.
    They can spar all they want but once the EU punch them two will say yes boss
    I do believe who ever is in power , the water charges are here to stay since that was part of the bailout condition
    And remember it was FF who did that deal

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast