Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Day pre-Christmas sugar detox: Day 1

Reviews

Default 10 Day pre-Christmas sugar detox: Day 1

Myself and a few folks I know have decided to do ourselves a bit of good-- or to at least get a headstart towards working off all the Christmas feasting-- by doing a 10-day, pre-Christmas sugar detox!

We aren't going too extreme with it; 'natural' sugars (like from fruit or honey) are still allowed. We're specifically trying to cut out all the refined sugars that are packed into everything, so it's plenty of reading the labels and smart buying!!

What I've found hard today is not being allowed to drop my usual scoops of white sugar into my tea and coffee... Only a dollop of honey for me... Not going into full withdrawal (yet), but definitely having the cravings!!

It might be rough going, but it'll be worth it in the end. Might be able to shed a kilo or so, hopefully from the waistline! . And because I started today, it'll be over just in time for Christmas Eve dinner... There should be some extra extra room for all that delightful dinner!
    Fighting the Good Fight...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cable87 For This Useful Post:

bettercallsaul (14-12-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Cable87 View Post
    Myself and a few folks I know have decided to do ourselves a bit of good-- or to at least get a headstart towards working off all the Christmas feasting-- by doing a 10-day, pre-Christmas sugar detox!

We aren't going too extreme with it; 'natural' sugars (like from fruit or honey) are still allowed. We're specifically trying to cut out all the refined sugars that are packed into everything, so it's plenty of reading the labels and smart buying!!

What I've found hard today is not being allowed to drop my usual scoops of white sugar into my tea and coffee... Only a dollop of honey for me... Not going into full withdrawal (yet), but definitely having the cravings!!

It might be rough going, but it'll be worth it in the end. Might be able to shed a kilo or so, hopefully from the waistline! . And because I started today, it'll be over just in time for Christmas Eve dinner... There should be some extra extra room for all that delightful dinner!
    Without starting a new piss take thread out of respect (jeeze I said that!) I will be living 10 days of binging! lets see who wins! (err umm how can I win?)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

Cable87 (14-12-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    Without starting a new piss take thread out of respect (jeeze I said that!) I will be living 10 days of binging! lets see who wins! (err umm how can I win?)
    We'll see if I loose any weight by the end, and if you gain any! Whoever gains or loses the most 'wins'!

Reviews

Careful with the amount of honey you use it has a lot of sugar in it too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny2011 For This Useful Post:

Cable87 (14-12-15)

Reviews

We'll see if I loose any weight by the end, and if you gain any! Whoever gains or loses the most 'wins'!
    I have Claudia before we start,Err umm ....no pics to decide who wins her .ok?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Danny2011 View Post
    Careful with the amount of honey you use it has a lot of sugar in it too.
    Limiting myself to ONE teaspoon per-cup, no more than two cuppa's a day.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cable87 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Just get her to out up a picture of your belly only at the end

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

No worries, I'm not really into trading women! . Besides, I'm out of Ireland at the moment anyway...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cable87 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Limiting myself to ONE teaspoon per-cup, no more than two cuppa's a day.
    In the next day or 2 cut it down to half a spoon and after a few days none,
    After a week of having no sugar you will not be able to drink tea/coffee with sugar

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    In the next day or 2 cut it down to half a spoon and after a few days none,
    After a week of having no sugar you will not be able to drink tea/coffee with sugar
    That would do me a world of good if I could permanently eliminate it from my tea; that alone probably accounts for at least 40% of my regular intake of sugar. Will give it a go

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast