Thread: Salsa dancing - I'm going - to find my future wife

Blog Entries

Default Salsa dancing - I'm going - to find my future wife

Some dude over on the underground was just talking about how "ghey" it is when guys dance.
    Someone retorted...

Check this out...

Holy cow!!

I mean, I like to think of myself as a reasonably good dancer, but mostly it's like, deep house, techno, electronic shit - and mostly, it consists of 90% trying it on with chicks, 10%, actually dancing with them.
    And most of them chicks can't dance worth a damn.
    It's more like drunken swaying or, in some cases, violently slamming.

This.
    I mean, fuck it.
    You only live once.

So, I banged in "Bachada dance classes" into my browser and wham-bam!
    Next Friday night, I shall hopefully be hip to hip with some little Latina minx.

OORAH!!
    Last edited by John Dunne; 24-11-15 at 00:00.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to John Dunne For This Useful Post:

tom sand (24-11-15)

Blog Entries

I hate to tell you this, but the chicks there will likely all be locals and mostly 30+. There will however be more women to men (huge shortage in men at these things) but unless you can take the lead, they won't be interested and this kind of dancing, the lady doesn't need to know how to dance, as a good male dancer will make it happen without her even knowing how she did it. I have been there and done that and I have the shoes to prove it! It's like walking on water and you move without thinking, but with a guy that is clueless? Oh dear!

Last edited by Curvaceous Kate; 24-11-15 at 00:07.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

tom sand (24-11-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Curvaceous Kate View Post
    I hate to tell you this, but the chicks there will likely all be locals and mostly 30+. There will however be more women to men (huge shortage in men at these things) but unless you can take the lead, they won't be interested and this kind of dancing, the lady doesn't need to know how to dance, as a good male dancer will make it happen without her even knowing how she did it. I have been there and done that and I have the shoes to prove it! It's like walking on water and you move without thinking, but with a guy that is clueless? Oh dear!
    Pffff - the lady in that vid sure looked like she knew what she was doing.

Hell, all the dude was doing was hanging on and giving the occasional hip thrust.

30+?

Well, I'll have to check it out before I knock it.

I mean, if it resembles what goes on in that vid and the chicks are even HALF decent - I'm pretty sure I'll become a regular.

I used to do synchronized club dancing when I was younger, and there was fucking LOADS of chicks doing that; and yeah, very few guys.
    But there was no contact with them. It was just, 3 feet apart, doing the same movements.
    Lame.

This seems more promising however.

Blog Entries

No?

A surprising lack of intrigue here.

You know, since I've signed up to Bachada, I've been checking out some other dance styles and routines.

I have to say, the one that really caught my attention was:

I'll just go up in the night club and do the 0:40, and you can be sure I'll be skiing the pink slopes later that night.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to John Dunne For This Useful Post:

tom sand (24-11-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by John Dunne View Post
    Some dude over on the underground was just talking about how "ghey" it is when guys dance.
    Someone retorted...

Check this out...

Holy cow!!

I mean, I like to think of myself as a reasonably good dancer, but mostly it's like, deep house, techno, electronic shit - and mostly, it consists of 90% trying it on with chicks, 10%, actually dancing with them.
    And most of them chicks can't dance worth a damn.
    It's more like drunken swaying or, in some cases, violently slamming.

This.
    I mean, fuck it.
    You only live once.

So, I banged in "Bachada dance classes" into my browser and wham-bam!
    Next Friday night, I shall hopefully be hip to hip with some little Latina minx.

OORAH!!
    i bet they had sex after that

Reviews

this is the tango
    not that i know
    i would love to dance with a beautiful woman like this
    love this scene

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tom sand For This Useful Post:

Vitruvian (24-11-15)

Reviews

I sorry I couldn't read a single thing after I saw "future wife"

Don't do it man.

Wife? No way. FFS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tom sand View Post
    i bet they had sex after that
    I know, right?

She looks like she'd be awesome in the sack.

I bet their sex was super hot.
    Nothing to get the juices going like teasing each other like that, aka - bachada dancing.

Reviews

I did Salsa dancing in college back when I did my Masters at the time. It was fun, I never considered myself particularly good at it but I did take to it relatively quickly being a musician myself. Problem was I'd never get time to practice the more advanced steps between meetups though, so I never got too far with the more advanced stuff.

It was a good fun way to meet new people (which were mostly women in my case) but if you're serious you'll have to put the time in and practice in your own free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Curvaceous Kate View Post
    Most of the time that should be the case, I had little problem leading in the case of most women I used to dance with but every now and then I had the misfortune to be paired with a lady with ZERO sense of rhythm. Those times weren't much fun.

EDIT: Reminds me - Isn't there some consensus that guys who can dance are automatically good in bed?
    Last edited by Zealot7; 24-11-15 at 19:30.