Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: These pigs could kill us all

Reviews

Default These pigs could kill us all

New strains of bacteria which are resistant to all existing antibiotics have been found in pigs & humans in China.

New antibiotics haven't been developed since the 1980s is the antibiotic apocalypse on the way?

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34857015

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danny2011 For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (22-11-15), Stephanie (20-11-15)

Reviews

I 'm probably already dying from all the pig products I' ve eaten..... clogging arteries.
    (I was going to say sausages I've eaten but that could be misconstrued).
    There likely won't be an overnight antibiotic apocalypse but many of our current antibiotics will in time lose their efficacy and possibly be rendered near to useless. Perhaps news such as this may act as a spur to develop new drugs... neither an easy nor a cheap task.
    Alexander Fleming stumbled on penicillin, by accident so the story goes, in the late 20s/early 30s.
    It was left to others a decade later to discover ways of producing commercial quantities of this drug. Before war's end in 1945 limited quantities of penicillin were available to the American military. At first it was a cure all for bacterial infections but over time resistance set in. Nowadays straight penicillan is of little use for many infections. So antibiotic resistance has been ongoing over time.
    By chance a certain number of pathogenic bacteria may be genetically immune to a particular drug. They can survive in the face of such a drug and replace the susceptible bacterial population over time.
    However certain bacteria can spread genetic material coding for antiobiotic resistance to other even unrelated bacterial species. This provides a faster and more invidious route to bacterial resistance.
    Another problem may be that many of us are leading such lives of hygiene nowadays that we are not priming our immune systems by exposure to different types of bacteria. This can result in our bodies being less able to combat subsequent infections we may encounter.
    Antibiotic resistance has been accelerated by injudicious medical overuse of drugs in the past, and by overuse in food producing animals.
    In feed antibiotic medication of pigs and poultry(for disease reduction/growth promotion reasons) , which is likely still practiced in many parts of the world, is a practice which should be questioned.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (20-11-15), Melindablondey (22-11-15), nibb (22-11-15), Stephanie (21-11-15)

Reviews

Tldr.........
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

Reviews

Thought this was a different kind of pigs before I read your post

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mushi View Post
    aw bugger ! no more pig sex for me then
    Pig sex is always dangerous-the c**t might squeal on ye !! :-)

Reviews

Dont like where this is going , so I dont

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pigsmickey For This Useful Post:

Danny2011 (21-11-15), Flappy (22-11-15), Melindablondey (22-11-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pigsmickey View Post
    Dont like where this is going , so I dont
    It seems like a personal attack on ya,I call fowl,I man foul... maybe fowl and get the heat off pigs?

Quote Originally Posted by mushi View Post
    aw bugger ! no more pig sex for me then
    It's such a boar anyway.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HouseofCards For This Useful Post:

bobten (22-11-15), Stephanie (21-11-15)

Reviews

all that money and they live like pigs pinky and perky

Blog Entries

They're bound to ham it up one way or the other!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

HouseofCards (21-11-15), Melindablondey (22-11-15)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast