Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Children who can’t get a place in school because they are not baptised???

Reviews

Default Children who can’t get a place in school because they are not baptised???

More examples of third world Ireland.
    Children who can’t get a place in school because they are not baptised
    Unbelievable or what?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-34772148

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

johndee (12-11-15), Zealot7 (12-11-15)

Reviews

Unfortunately, as explained in the article, it is not only Catholic Schools, but Protestant schools and even Jewish schools as well.
    And other types of schools pretty much do not exist. And in some areas, Catholic schools are the only schools.
    Interesting question, where do you send your children if you do not want them indoctrinated?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

johndee (13-11-15)

Reviews

They can make their own choices about religion when they are 16.” When they have been well and truly indoctrinated.
    Unfortunately this is Catholic Ireland. But, it is supposed to be a Democratic Republic, not a Theocracy.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

johndee (13-11-15), Mister Anderson (12-11-15), tom sand (12-11-15), Vitruvian (12-11-15), Zealot7 (12-11-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by zilch View Post
    Jeeze . If you don't like this country go somewhere else.
    This is Ireland . The land of green fields the catholic church drunken husbands leprachauns and the good old potato.
    That's what brings the yanks over and keeps us a float.
    Just about sums up the Old Ireland attitude in a nutshell.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

johndee (13-11-15), Mister Anderson (12-11-15), Vitruvian (12-11-15)

I raise mine the proper way. Baptised , holy communion , confirmation , mass every sunday. You know the usual way.
    They can make their own choices about religion when they are 16 and until then thats the way it is.
    This is catholic Ireland right...........
    Not any longer, it is multicultural, multi faith republic. Catholic church is where it deserves to be, separated completely from state. I'm a Jedi Knight, no harm in that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The Croppy Boy For This Useful Post:

tom sand (12-11-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I raise mine the proper way. Baptised , holy communion , confirmation , mass every sunday. You know the usual way.
    They can make their own choices about religion when they are 16 and until then thats the way it is.
    This is catholic Ireland right...........
    Proper way? That's surprisingly judgemental of you zilch. There's an ever growing amount of very educated people who would consider forcing a religious upbringing on a child as child abuse. Time to pull your head into the 21st century maybe?

Jeeze . If you don't like this country go somewhere else.
    This is Ireland . The land of green fields the catholic church drunken husbands leprachauns and the good old potato.
    That's what brings the yanks over and keeps us a float.
    I like this country fine, it's the assholes in it that I don't like.
    You seem to be suffering from a delusion where anyone that doesn't share your beliefs is a coward that will run away

I'll stay here and make the church run. Thanks

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

johndee (13-11-15), Vitruvian (12-11-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Educated people. Don't make me laugh. All the educated Irish people have left and i tell you why.
    This country sold itself out to Europe. They let the wheel turn too fast and lots of bit fell off in the process.
    The day will come when the Irish man will be in the minority in his own country.
    And Feck me what about golf clubs. They even have days when men are not allowed to play . Ladies day i think they call it.

I tell ya that wouldn't happen in good old Ireland.
    Bring back the good old days when there was a bit of disapline in the place.
    When the guard could kick ur hole and put manners on ya.
    I have fond memories of the Gardaí showing up at the empty house down the road from me where the 'tough kids' use to hang out. I still, twenty years later, have very vivid and fond memories of a cocky drunk teen throwing shapes and getting his ass very literally kicked across the road and back again. I laughed for days.

I doubt educated people are making you laugh zilch, if they are then it's because you are laughing in fear of what's to come. Your time has passed, you and your ways are losing hold on this beautiful country.

Goodbye Old man.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Oh mister Anderson. Im only 69 and 9 months young.
    I helped to build this country when you were a mere gossen .
    You have no respect for your elders but i don't blame you. I blame ur parents. They defo didn't kick ur arse or put you to work at a young enough age.
    You have no idea about hard times and in hard times you stick together.
    People nowadays in your better Ireland lol have no loyalty. They don't know what it means to stand side by side coz you just take the easy way and put out ur hand for the free handout.
    You young gossen are too soft.

Holy Sheeeeeeeet

It's been a long time since my grandpa lectured me on how easy we have it nowadays. Hey Gramps! Is it still okay to beat the missus?

Unbelievably funny

Blog Entries
    Reviews

when was it ever ok to beat the misses laddie . Maybe its monkey see monkey do lol.

Ha. Its my beddie time. The misses has my side warmed up for me. Proper order too.

Back tomorrow to give ya another poking.

I'll refrain from further comment until you've had your 18 hours beauty sleep ... gramps

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast