Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the love of God, stop using clichés until the bitter end!

Default For the love of God, stop using clichés until the bitter end!

Throughout history, the cliché has been used by people from all walks of life. People have fallen for them hook, line, and sinker. Little did I know, but the cliché is still overused in this day and age. So I’m making this plea, just in the nick of time in an effort to reduce the use of clichés. Its better late than never!

I’m probably behind the eight ball in telling you all of this, but since I have the patience of a saint, I feel like this is one of those good things that come to those who wait! I am a smart man; some say I’m smart as a whip. I can certainly think outside of the box, but posting is easy as pie for me. I never ever use clichés! Seriously, it’s not rocket science. The bottom line is just don’t use them, like I don’t! At the end of the day, it makes my posts top notch.

Sometimes you get a topic that is difficult to post about. We have all been in the same boat, but I just think of it as paying the piper. You take the good with the bad. The fact is, every rose has its thorn, just do your best and post to the best of your ability. Leave no stone unturned. Believe it or not, I learned more from difficult topics than I ever imagined. My posting ability grew by leaps and bounds.

It’s time for you all to nip these bad habits in the bud. Once you learn how to post without clichés, it’s like taking candy from a baby. There’s never a dull moment when you have to use your brain to make your posts more creative. Sure you win some and lose some, but posting without clichés will help you stand the test of time. In our current climate, we surely need more of that.

Now, go get ‘em, tiger! Spare us the clichés.

(I hope this doesn’t fall on deaf ears)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CockneyRebel For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (08-11-15), The dirt bird (08-11-15), TonyStark (08-11-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

You hit the nail on the head, it's time we turned over a new leaf and embraced the winds of change.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

CockneyRebel (08-11-15), JAMESCORK (08-11-15), The dirt bird (08-11-15), TonyStark (08-11-15)

Reviews

Let me be the devils advocate here... You have us all between a rock and a hard place on this one.
    Last edited by JAMESCORK; 08-11-15 at 19:16.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

CockneyRebel (08-11-15), Mister Anderson (08-11-15), The dirt bird (08-11-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

This thread has legs and can go really far, as long as nobody throws out the baby with the bathwater, and we're all aware of the elephant in the room.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Forrest For This Useful Post:

CockneyRebel (08-11-15), JAMESCORK (08-11-15), Mister Anderson (08-11-15), The dirt bird (08-11-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    This thread has legs and can go really far, as long as nobody throws out the baby with the bathwater, and we're all aware of the elephant in the room.
    Don't you start now... If the op sees that it'll be like a red rag to a bull.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

CockneyRebel (08-11-15), Forrest (08-11-15), Mister Anderson (08-11-15), The dirt bird (08-11-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    I was going to wait but you should never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. Let's be proactive here people and take it to the next level, with a seamless integration that brings a lot of value to the table, without having too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Forrest For This Useful Post:

CockneyRebel (08-11-15), JAMESCORK (08-11-15), Mister Anderson (08-11-15), The dirt bird (08-11-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    Don't let him pull the wool over your eyes James, as long as we can see the wood from the trees we'll be right as rain.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

Forrest (08-11-15), JAMESCORK (08-11-15), The dirt bird (08-11-15)

Reviews

Where there's a will, there's a way!

Speech is silver but silence is golden.

As regards posting
    Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

And if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.
    Last edited by alcatel; 08-11-15 at 19:52.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (08-11-15)

Reviews

Cliché is a term from French printers. In the days of movable type individual letter blocks had to be used to make up a word but a few commonly used short sentences were kept permantly fixed... a cliché.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

The dirt bird (08-11-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by alcatel View Post
    Cliché is a term from French printers. In the days of movable type individual letter blocks had to be used to make up a word but a few commonly used short sentences were kept permantly fixed... a cliché.
    Every day is a school day

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

The dirt bird (08-11-15)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast