Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sierra Leone celebrates end of Ebola epidemic

Reviews

Thumbs up Sierra Leone celebrates end of Ebola epidemic

Some good news:

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0SW0CA20151107

42 days with no new cases. Well done all the doctors and not forgetting the 220 health workers that died.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cosa Nostra For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (07-11-15), Mister Anderson (08-11-15), Renatha Lopez (08-11-15), robbie9 (08-11-15), Stephanie (08-11-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Cosa Nostra View Post
    Some good news:

42 days with no new cases. Well done all the doctors and not forgetting the 220 health workers that died.
    Considering the shortage of resources over there it makes it all the more remarkable.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

Cosa Nostra (08-11-15), Melindablondey (08-11-15)

Some good news:

Hi xx

I saw that bit , but considering that a (UK ??) nurse who has recovered from Ebola some many months ago now

(a week or two ago) presented with a full blown case of Ebola (long long long after having been in the infective

environment) , brings the whole 2014 crisis into new light : it has been known for quite some time that male Ebola

patients (even after they have recovered) are contagious via their sperm for some 7 months , this Female nurse's

recurrence of the disease caught the scientific and World Health community by surprise .

I do hope the vaccination trials are going well , but I'm not sure it's quite time to celebrate -- yet x

May I please be proved wrong !! X
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Some good news:

Promising !!

May it hold ! X

"Well done all the doctors and not forgetting the 220 health workers that died."

Indeed x

Many more than 220 have perished !
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Some good news:

Nature is experimenting with new diseases.
    As are the government's.

Simply put the world cannot sustain the growing population, or the dwindling energy resources and food supplies.
    Throw in conflicts, global warming etc and
    Something has to give and we will find ourselves in a very different world within the next 100 years or so

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CockneyRebel For This Useful Post:

Cosa Nostra (08-11-15), Melindablondey (08-11-15), Stephanie (08-11-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Hi xx

I saw that bit , but considering that a (UK ??) nurse who has recovered from Ebola some many months ago now

(a week or two ago) presented with a full blown case of Ebola (long long long after having been in the infective

environment) , brings the whole 2014 crisis into new light : it has been known for quite some time that male Ebola

patients (even after they have recovered) are contagious via their sperm for some 7 months , this Female nurse's

recurrence of the disease caught the scientific and World Health community by surprise .

I do hope the vaccination trials are going well , but I'm not sure it's quite time to celebrate -- yet x

May I please be proved wrong !! X
    Promising !!

May it hold ! X

"Well done all the doctors and not forgetting the 220 health workers that died."

Indeed x

I actually did not know that about sperm contagion ...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (08-11-15)

Promising !!

May it hold ! X

Indeed x

It makes me laugh how the press make people worry about 200 or so people, when far more are killed in preventable car accidents, more women are killed by spouses and of course the damn yanks and their open gun laws

The car makes could easily implement better safety systems in cars but choose not to
    We sell cheap drugs, cheap alcohol, infect our food, so many instances of self destruction

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CockneyRebel For This Useful Post:

Mister Anderson (08-11-15), Stephanie (08-11-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    It makes me laugh how the press make people worry about 200 or so people, when far more are killed in preventable car accidents, more women are killed by spouses and of course the damn yanks and their open gun laws

The car makes could easily implement better safety systems in cars but choose not to
    We sell cheap drugs, cheap alcohol, infect our food, so many instances of self destruction
    You forgot Tobacco. The number one killer and you forgot it

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

CockneyRebel (08-11-15), Melindablondey (08-11-15), Stephanie (08-11-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Anyhow fuck this, the conversation was suppose to be something constructive and it's not going that way so I'm sticking my fingers in my ears.

Lalalalalalalala

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Anderson View Post
    You forgot Tobacco. The number one killer and you forgot it
    actually its malaria, mosquitos carrying it. Kills over half a million every year

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CockneyRebel For This Useful Post:

Mister Anderson (08-11-15)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast