Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Being Someone's Doormat.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamCatcher View Post
    I had a relationship with a girl who I thought was the best thing since sliced bread, I really thought we would be together forever. So things went sour eventually as is very often the case. We stayed in touch and recently started contact again, only text messages though. I put my cards on the table and told her that I still have feelings for her, only to be quickly told that she doesn't want to see me again, doesn't want to talk to me again etc etc. However, she got in touch yesterday and asked me for €500. I told that yes I would give her the cash if we could meet, but she refused and said I could transfer the money into her bank account. I'm actually in shock as to the bare faced cheek of her. I'm lost for words, not lost for tears though.
    I had the kinda same EX. Move on there are far better people out there. There are far better thing to spend money on.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Its only me For This Useful Post:

DreamCatcher (06-11-15)

Reviews

You know what you must do.. You called your thread "Being Someone's Doormat" and that is exactly how she wants you to be.

This woman cares nothing for you so no matter how you feel about her, you cannot change her. Time to move on.

I recommend taking some of that €500 she wanted from you and going to see one of the fine ladies here. Don't look back.

You seem like a decent guy.. her loss and a lucky escape for you.

Best of luck in the future.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rocker123 For This Useful Post:

Best Before (07-11-15), bettercallsaul (06-11-15), Cable87 (06-11-15), casman (06-11-15), DreamCatcher (06-11-15), joggon (07-11-15), Melindablondey (06-11-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DreamCatcher View Post
    I had a relationship with a girl who I thought was the best thing since sliced bread, I really thought we would be together forever. So things went sour eventually as is very often the case. We stayed in touch and recently started contact again, only text messages though. I put my cards on the table and told her that I still have feelings for her, only to be quickly told that she doesn't want to see me again, doesn't want to talk to me again etc etc. However, she got in touch yesterday and asked me for €500. I told that yes I would give her the cash if we could meet, but she refused and said I could transfer the money into her bank account. I'm actually in shock as to the bare faced cheek of her. I'm lost for words, not lost for tears though.

Sorry you're out a relationship there my good man...

But look at it this way: At least you're not out 500 quid! Do like Rocker suggested and take that money she was asking for and go for some memorable times with some lovely ladies from E-I. It'll take your mind off the ex, no problem
    Fighting the Good Fight...

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cable87 For This Useful Post:

Best Before (07-11-15), bettercallsaul (06-11-15), DreamCatcher (07-11-15), joggon (07-11-15), Rocker123 (06-11-15)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123