Thread: Choccy Ár Lá - The 1916 Chocolate Bar

Reviews

Default Choccy Ár Lá - The 1916 Chocolate Bar

As we are in the era of commemorations of various historical events on this island, indeed which shaped the island politically, Heatons have produced the 1916 commemorative chocolate bar! The 1916 leaders are on the wrapper! Tacky or not? The relatives perhaps understandably have voiced their views against this crass commercialization!
    The rag that is The Belfast Telegraph is certainly knocking a bit of cráic out of it -

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...-34170063.html

Tangentally, didn't somebody say that the whole situation in Northern Ireland could be sparked off again by as little as 2 bald men in a flat, fighting over a comb?
    Ride them on the beaches!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Libertarian For This Useful Post:

Larrii (07-11-15)

Reviews

I think its disrespectful. But then again most children educated today have no sense of our history, so they might start asking questions.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubberlover For This Useful Post:

casman (06-11-15)

See, I don't know, the government (like most things) will turn the whole shebang into a cringefest. I reckon the 1916 bar will be the very tip of the bad taste 'commemorations'...no doubt the Bord Failte crowd are standing primed to milk the shit out of the occasion,,,"The Gathering 2"

Bank Holiday, parade, some good (well made) documentaries/plays/films and a education programme in schools and that would be grand, but chances are it will be all fecking fireworks and some shite dance show by the Riverdance fools followed by fireworks...

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I think its great, Ive been organizing t-shirts, mugs, keyrings for 2016. Using my initiative just like the men of 1916, they would be so proud of me, the freedom to make money is what it's all about.

Chocolate involves health and safety, would not want that hassle
    Mmmm-hmm

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Larrii View Post
    I think its great, Ive been organizing t-shirts, mugs, keyrings for 2016. Using my initiative just like the men of 1916, they would be so proud of me, the freedom to make money is what it's all about.

Chocolate involves health and safety, would not want that hassle
    Market is flooded with them on e-i already